Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Overpair + nut draw...nitty fold??? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523565)

stu-unger 10-15-2007 04:18 PM

Overpair + nut draw...nitty fold???

reads- ive played ~1000 hands w/ villain. he is super fricken nitty, and in all of those hands ive actaully never had a confrontation with him. he seems like a standard nut peddler. he limps a lot, probably too much, but he doesnt seem bad just nitty. i constantly raise his limps in position and usually take it down w/ c bets. this is the first time ive seen him c/r ever and i actually have a hand. is this ok???

effective stack ~120
50plo

dealt to hero A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in bb

preflop- folds to sb who completes, hero raise to 1.5, sb calls.

flop (3)-10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
sb checks, hero bets 3, villain c/rs to 9, hero folds...

the reason i fold is because i feel like this is never not a set, but he doesnt suck so sometimes he has to be semi or straight up bluffing...

gordo16 10-15-2007 04:38 PM

Re: Overpair + nut draw...nitty fold???

You probably made the right fold but it's not one that I can ever find. When there is a small chance that I'm good anyways, and I have set and nut flush outs, I'm goin' either robusto or to the felt.

Elrazor 10-15-2007 05:09 PM

if hes only c/r to $9 then i can find a call getting 2.5-1 to the turn. if hes super nitty you can turn the screw if any straight card comes

chucky 10-15-2007 05:11 PM

Hero should check behind if he will fold to a check/raise with 10 outs and big stacks behind. you are making a slightly ev- call if you make it, but if you put villian on a set you should be able to be paid off on your outs because in a blind battle I assume you raise with more than just aces.

CrushinFelt 10-15-2007 05:54 PM

lol @ folding this

ApeAttack 10-15-2007 05:56 PM

Your stacks are deep enough to call for set and nut flush outs.

If the turn is a scare card (for a nit) like a 5 (putting a 3-straight on the board), then he may check the turn giving you a free card.

donkontilt 10-15-2007 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ folding this

[/ QUOTE ]

sc000t 10-15-2007 07:16 PM

Ya I'm not folding this here. Stacks are so deep, this raise is small, we're in position and have 10 nut outs, I think this is an easy call and see the turn.

TimberBee 10-15-2007 07:21 PM

I wish I could add something more to this thread. But really.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ folding this

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

stu-unger 10-15-2007 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish I could add something more to this thread. But really.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ folding this

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly what i thought the responses would be. i didnt even think about the fold until after i made, and i was like huh i had mad outs, position, and semi deep stacks. im stuck in a HE state of mind, and have gotten used to folding overpairs to nits showing agression...

plz lock and thro away the key...