Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   50NL AQo rr pot OOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523557)

Upgrade_U 10-15-2007 04:05 PM

50NL AQo rr pot OOP

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $70.70
CO: $50.70
BTN: $52.75
SB: $36.75
Hero (BB): $50

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, BTN calls $6

Flop: ($16.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)

Results: $16.25 Pot ($16.25 Rake)

Questions is if I should c-bet this flop against a 22/14/3 ?
It seems like paired boards are better for c-betting but I belive he could still be calling me here with any overpair and possibly even AK AQ type of hands

Thoughts, comments and general ideas on c-betting in rr pots are welcome, also if you comment please include your reasoning.

bsball8806 10-15-2007 07:07 PM

Re: 50NL AQo rr pot OOP

ughhh being OOP sucks here...

I think deciding whether to bet or c/f depends on what you think your opponent will do with mid pocket pairs on this kind of flop (99-JJ). If you think he has the discipline to interpret your 3bet/flop bet as AA-QQ, I think a 12-13 dollar c-bet is in order. If you don't think he can lay those hands down, i c/f.

IMO I don't think he has AK or AQ or any of that garbage, his stats seem to indicate he'd fold AQ and reraise with AK.

CarmeloAnthony 10-15-2007 07:55 PM

opponent with those stats i don't mind betting and checking here , it may look weak checking but in the longrun it may be profitable

theplux 10-15-2007 07:59 PM

i check here.

1tripz1 10-15-2007 07:59 PM

Do people mind a fold here in the BB? I get very nitty in the blinds and usually wont re raise without something premium which i dont consider AQo to be.

Arcturus 10-15-2007 08:10 PM

A TAG raising from the button? Looks like there's a good chance he's trying to steal. AQo is on my re-raise/fold border from the blinds. Usually I wait to see if he has been trying to steal before I bump this into the re-raise category.

As played, you have to c-bet here. $12 seems good. Go from there. If you check, you should have folded preflop. If he plays back at you big, let it go.

Rinksters 10-15-2007 08:32 PM

Do his stats (22/14/3) represent that he pushes people out before the showdown a lot or that he folds a lot?

In any case, you are kind of committed to the continuation bet by virtue of being out of position.

Otherwise, it's obvious you were just trying to resteal with not the greatest hand in the world, in my opinion.

I wouldn't have reraised with AQo because what happened is what will happen more often than not with AQo in the BB -- being out of position without having connected at all with the board.

Speirsy 10-15-2007 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do people mind a fold here in the BB? I get very nitty in the blinds and usually wont re raise without something premium which i dont consider AQo to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding AQ here to a button raise is a huuuuge leak IMO. Makes you far too easy to steal from.

IMO against a button raises opening range with AQo ReRaise&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Call&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt ;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Fold

Upgrade_U 10-16-2007 12:21 AM

OK so those who are folding AQo from the blinds to a button opener with attempt to steal % around 30 - you should probably read about position.
And to the first replier: don't you think it's a bit too much ? As I've understood it's cool to bet 1/2 - 2/3 pot in 3bet pots.

I don't really think the " if you check, you should have folded preflop " idea is too good, it's like you can't c-bet in a 4way missed and wet board with 2overs because they simply aren't folding.

Upgrade_U 10-16-2007 10:28 AM

gogo