Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge: Discussion+Review (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Childhood favorite movies and tv shows (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523083)

wisehandpoker 10-14-2007 11:26 PM

Childhood favorite movies and tv shows

The Untouchables was on today. The first time I saw it, I was thirteen years old and it instantly became my favorite movie to that time. Pretty sure it doesn't make my top however-far-I-can-count now, but it was a good memory.

Dwelling on my childhood tastes, I remembered that as a kid, the Super Friends was my favorite tv show. I went over to tvlinks and sure enough they had it. I even watched half an episode. Apparently, I was a very simple child.

Xibalba 10-14-2007 11:28 PM

Re: Childhood favorite movies and tv shows

I remember loving the original Transformers animated movie and, in my own young naive mind, thinking it was oh so brave of the writers to kill off so many major characters there.
Then I learned they wanted to discontinue many toys and introduce a new line, and childhood ended.

ArcticKnight 10-14-2007 11:42 PM

MASH
Happy Days
Hill Street Blues
Original StarTrek
Homicide (Life of the Street)

dragonystic 10-14-2007 11:43 PM

Dukes of Hazard

barncat 10-15-2007 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember loving the original Transformers animated movie and, in my own young naive mind, thinking it was oh so brave of the writers to kill off so many major characters there.
Then I learned they wanted to discontinue many toys and introduce a new line, and childhood ended.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya cause when i was just a kid i always tried to figure out what the writers intentions were

Dominic 10-15-2007 12:08 AM

Rat Patrol, Lost in Space, Land of the Giants, Chiller Theater (a local horror anthology), The Partridge Family...

RobBizzle 10-15-2007 02:03 AM

You guys are old.

Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, Are You Afraid of the Dark.

five4suited 10-15-2007 06:56 AM

Knight Rider, Quantum Leap, Wonder Years, A-Team, Stingray

diebitter 10-15-2007 07:18 AM

There were many phases to childhood favourites, and most TV shows I'd name here would mean nothing outside the UK.

But I guess as I got younger to older...

I guess 8 and under:
Sesame Street, Banana Splits, Pufnstuf, Monkees

9-10
Star Trek, Little House on the Prairie, Dr Who, Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants

then on a bit more, 11-14:
Outer Limits, The New Avengers, The Avengers, Dr Who, Monkey, The Water Margin (awesome Japanese show set in ancient China with tons of martial arts and swordplay), Top of the Pops

diebitter 10-15-2007 07:25 AM

As a kid, I was mad on horror movies and funny movies. The old universal horrors were my favourite, and in the UK, BBC2 used to show a double bill of horror movies every saturday night that were kick-ass. The were usually one old one, followed by one new one, sometimes with a link. The old one was often an entire run of every universal horror film series in sequence, and the newer ones were sometimes a similar run of Hammer movies, sometimes more random

For example, you'd get over a series of weeks
Dracula (1931), The Horror of Dracula
Frankenstein (1931), The Curse of Frankenstein
Bride of Frankenstein, Brides of Dracula

and so on.

This is fantastic for a kid obsessed with horror movies.

Other times, during the Christmas holidays, the BBC would show entire seasons of movies every day in the mornings for kids.

One year, they had every Marx brothers movie on, one a day. That's how I first encountered the Marx brothers. Then they'd show all the Laurel and Hardy shorts/features in chronological order, 1 or 2 a day.

Another year, they did every Tarzan movie.

It was pretty kickass.