Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   TPTK on paired board vs LAG (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=522808)

Mark1808 10-14-2007 02:51 PM

TPTK on paired board vs LAG

Live $5 $10, villian plays 90% of pots, raises often, bluffs often and has just gone on tilt after calling off a $500 river bet with one pair. We both have $1,500 plus.

Several limpers to button who makes it $55, I call in sb with AQ, villian calls right after and 5 players see the flop of

QJJ rainbow

I bet $200, villian flat calls

Turn A and 2 diamonds giving me top 2 on a paired and draw heavy board.

I bet $250 and Villian raises $340 (pot is now $1,515).

I have seen villian raise the turn with a flush draw and raise with TP weak kicker. I know that he sees me as a tight solid player who is not playing big pots without big hands. At this point I feel that most of the time he has a J here or K10 but at least 25% of the time he has a Q, A or draw here and I am getting over 4 - 1. I have also seen this guy call flop bets with air in position hoping to take down pots on the turn.

My first intinct was to muck but then I began to really think that if I shoved my remaing $1,000 ($600 or so raise) he might very well lay down a weak J given his estimation of my range there and surely lay down the same hand AQ. How should I respond to his raise?

Yeti 10-14-2007 02:56 PM

Re: TPTK on paired board vs LAG

im pretty sure a guy on tilt who plays every hand is never ever folding a jack.

Mark1808 10-14-2007 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im pretty sure a guy on tilt who plays every hand is never ever folding a jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

So call, or fold?

Yeti 10-14-2007 03:07 PM

i guess fold but i can't imagine taking this line at all.

i mean maybe with this line you should stack off? you just bet 250 into a 700 pot on a scary turn card against a guy on tilt who loves to bluff. having said that i'd still hate to get all the money in i think.

Mark1808 10-14-2007 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i guess fold but i can't imagine taking this line at all.

i mean maybe with this line you should stack off? you just bet 250 into a 700 pot on a scary turn card against a guy on tilt who loves to bluff. having said that i'd still hate to get all the money in i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have the hand read correctly. I figured I'd call getting 4 - 1 (probably a mistake in retrospect) and we went check check on the K river and he looks at me sheepishly saying "You must have a better J than me, I have J6." This comment on the end made me wonder if my shove idea on the turn was a good one. In retrospect, he probably would have made a crying call.

Yeti 10-14-2007 04:11 PM

doesnt sound like he is as crazy as you were making out

Mark1808 10-14-2007 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
doesnt sound like he is as crazy as you were making out

[/ QUOTE ]

He is, but I know he respects my hand ranges that is why I thought a turn push might be plus EV given his range and what he thinks of my range. I think I was probably wrong but I wish I would have tried for the heck of it.

Yeti 10-14-2007 04:47 PM

ok. i know you said that in the original post but i kinda glossed over it. so you can just fold the turn. you kinda overrepresented your hand actually.

Big_Jim 10-14-2007 05:27 PM

Re-raise pre.

This flop spot kinda sucks. I'd probably just check it first off and see what happens. With five to the flop, his CCing right after with 3 left to act behind you is pretty damn strong, and I would strongly consider shutting down right there, but since he's so loose, I guess you have to figure Qx is in his range.

You are not really getting 4:1 to call that raise, unless you are planning on folding to a river push (getting 4:1, again).

Mark1808 10-14-2007 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Re-raise pre.

This flop spot kinda sucks. I'd probably just check it first off and see what happens. With five to the flop, his CCing right after with 3 left to act behind you is pretty damn strong, and I would strongly consider shutting down right there, but since he's so loose, I guess you have to figure Qx is in his range.

You are not really getting 4:1 to call that raise, unless you are planning on folding to a river push (getting 4:1, again).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Big Jim, great comments as was the other poster. I think I need to re raise more preflop especially with weak late position raises with lots of limpers. I really don't want to play a multi way pot OOP with AQ.