Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Winning Player Losing Badly and Needs Advice (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=522381)

gir 10-13-2007 09:22 PM

Winning Player Losing Badly and Needs Advice

I'm on roughly a $15,000 downswing at 2/4. My account is around 13k from its peak around 28k a few months ago.

My game...Since then...Has gotten exponentially better. I explored my potential leaks and started shutting their doors left and right. I discovered (through 2+2 and experimentation) different approaches to hands and am better able to understand why they work or don't work.

I have come so far from where I was but can't even out my huge losses with wins. Either coolered or bad beat (more bad beats than coolers...I'm trying to eliminate some of those from my game too).

Someone please tell me what to do. Tonight is the best I have just about ever played and I'm down 1k (see example hand in PP thread) right now.

I can move down, but I don't see what that will do besides slowdown busto-ness. My game SHOULD be a winning one at 400 (and likely is by other players, just not me). I'm not crazy or (exceptionally) full of myself.

So to reiterate, PLEASE HELP.

Requin 10-13-2007 09:24 PM

Re: Winning Player Losing Badly and Needs Advice

You didn't lose all 15K at 2/4, did you?????????

JKratzer 10-13-2007 09:26 PM

-15k at 2/4 makes me question if you're really a winning player. make a video and post it, have someone sweat you, get a coach. do something to make sure you really are a winning player.

i'd still suggest dropping down for a short while, if nothing else to regain your confidence and give your bankroll a little boost.

jfish 10-13-2007 09:34 PM

take a week+ off. maybe several weeks or a month. just make sure that you really want to play poker when you come back.

idk that always works for me.

gir 10-13-2007 09:39 PM

I won 15k at 2/4 first.

Unknown Soldier 10-13-2007 09:42 PM

that's sick. somehow i'm not sure that's a ds. you sure you are playing well? If I was in your spot i'd probably post a vid or get a coach like someone else said. Post a vid. I'll be happy to give my full opinions on it, for whatever that would be worth!

Montezuma21 10-13-2007 09:42 PM

change location plz.

ogdundar 10-13-2007 09:44 PM

Take a week off, then start at 1-2 just to get in some winning sessions again.

Are you really sure you are winning long term though? If you built 28k from playing cashgames you probably are but who knows.

gir 10-13-2007 09:46 PM

Alright, I'll make a video once I figure out what program to use and how to use it.

gir 10-13-2007 09:46 PM

I built it from playing 25NL with $500.