Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   live game with friends was this incorrect ? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=522335)

warchaser 10-13-2007 07:29 PM

live game with friends was this incorrect ?

ok, livegame with friends, super low stakes but i dont care cuz we do this for fun really, and i like to win [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

so late in the eavening player 1 raises with ak and player 2 calls with 33
flop comes K58 or something and it goes bet-call,
turn comes a 3 and again it's bet-call,
river is another K so player 1 now has 3 kings and player 2 comments that he must have 3 kings now omg! what i doo.
Player 1 puts him all in and he goes in the tank, in this friendly livegame sometimes we show 1 player the hand that u can ask for help, he asked me and showed me 33, I say WTF u doin, DON"T slow up the game cuz this is stupid really, he still doesn't call.. So i repeat omfg! CALL already
he calls stands up and I state he has a full house, he looks weird and sits down and scoops the pot
of course player 1 wasn't too happy with what i said and thought player 2 was really gonna fold a set of 3's ( that made a full house on the river )

Taso 10-13-2007 08:31 PM

Re: live game with friends was this incorrect ?

you were incorrect in general (VERY), but your game seems kind of stupid, so I have no idea.

DavidNB 10-13-2007 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in this friendly livegame sometimes we show 1 player the hand that u can ask for help,

[/ QUOTE ]

This causes problems and shouldn't be allowed.

After the player tables his hand, of course anyone watching can call the hand, thats ok.

psandman 10-13-2007 09:15 PM

Well if you have the ruule that you are allowed to help each other that way, then what is the complaint.

Its a bad rule. Its a stupid rule.

supafrey 10-14-2007 01:51 AM

horrible rule/game/idea. seriously stfu when it's other people's money on the line. Everyone's a genius when it's someone else's roll at stake.

pfapfap 10-14-2007 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in this friendly livegame sometimes we show 1 player the hand that u can ask for help,

[/ QUOTE ]

After the player tables his hand, of course anyone watching can call the hand, thats ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, to be clear, that's after the player tables his hand and all action is complete. Then you can read the hand.

Do not ever give anybody any advice on how to play a hand while the hand is in progress. Solicited or no. Your house rule really needs to be changed, for exactly this reason.

Lottery Larry 10-14-2007 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, to be clear, that's after the player tables his hand and all action is complete. Then you can read the hand.

Do not ever give anybody any advice on how to play a hand while the hand is in progress. Solicited or no. Your house rule really needs to be changed, for exactly this reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

OR, add the rule "no whining about 'More Than One Player To A Hand, Sometimes' when it screws you over"

scpi10 10-14-2007 02:04 PM

Why do you have this help a player during the hand rule? That just seems dumb.

warchaser 10-14-2007 06:22 PM

it's not a rule, he just showed me bcause he's a stupid kid who doesn't know how to play, some ppl show their hands to others

NO RULE, just how some ppl play
i nvr show ldo

supafrey 10-14-2007 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's not a rule, he just showed me bcause he's a stupid kid who doesn't know how to play, some ppl show their hands to others

NO RULE, just how some ppl play
i nvr show ldo

[/ QUOTE ]

you're pretty stupid for not realizing how innappropriate your comments were.