Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   AQs top pair, checked turn, 2/3 pot size river bet. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=522324)

Burcak 10-13-2007 07:12 PM

AQs top pair, checked turn, 2/3 pot size river bet.

PokerStars $0.25/$0.50 No-Limit Hold'em - 4 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

CO: $111.90
Button: $21.10
SB: $94.15
BB: $124.70

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $4.50</font>, <font color="#FF0000">BB raises to $12</font>, Hero calls $7.50.

Turn: ($28.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.
River: ($28.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">BB bets $20</font>, Hero ??

Final Pot: $68.25

Villain Stats

32/8/2.5

No special reads.

Hero's thinking

flop:

I thought he might have a draw (broadway or flush), AK, or a set when he reraised the flop. Most people just call with AK on the blind in my tables. I just called, hoping to reevaluate on the turn.

When he checked, I thought he still might have a draw, but I didn't really think he put me on a draw either, so he might be checking AK or a set. I checked behind, was determined to call a moderately sized bet on the river, in particular if draws miss.

On the river, 20 seems a bit too much to me, but he is single tabling and he might be bluffing with a missed draw. That said, 2/3 pot size bet is a bit too much to call anyway.

Opinions on flop, turn and river plays?

kaz2107 10-13-2007 08:19 PM

Re: AQs top pair, checked turn, 2/3 pot size river bet.

being this deep and in pos i bet fold the turn here a ton. u said it urself that villian is on a draw alot here. if he cr ur this deep on the turn u r busto. if he check calls u can fold if he fires n e river and if he check calls the turn then u can check behind on the river.

as played im sure while im at the table i call but i think it is a fold. AJ, AK and all sets play like this. and im assuming since u say villian wont 3 bet AK preflop in a 4 handed game then i cant see them lookin to bluff missed draws all that often on the river. looks like a fold to me

Burcak 10-13-2007 08:35 PM

Re: AQs top pair, checked turn, 2/3 pot size river bet.

Most villains don't 3bet AA and AK on the blinds, mostly for trapping. This isn't a question of aggresivity, but more like a question of trickiness. I am not sure if cold calling preflop with AA and AK is really correlated with not betting draws, but it might be.

How much do you think I should bet the turn?

How much do you think I should call on the river? 1/2 pot? 1/3 pot?