Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AK (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=522042)

Riku 10-13-2007 10:12 AM

AK

UTG is 38/5/1.6 AF after some 70 hands.

Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG limps, folded to button who limps, Hero RAISES, 2 calls.

Flop 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero BETS, UTG calls, Button folds.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero BETS, UTG calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero BETS, UTG RAISES, Hero... (pot 9BB)

Should i call ? Wish i had some good reads.

P.S. Does anyone know a good titan poker hand converter ?

V4P 10-13-2007 10:40 AM

Re: AK

Fold...there really isn't anything to talk about

jstill 10-13-2007 10:44 AM

id call but its pretty borderline, heres why i call: 88 and 33 really shouldnt peel this flop with one behind so that just leaves A3 and A7 A8 that make sense (tho u ll see 88 and 33 for sure at times)... meanwhile he could be overvalueing lots of hands figuring u cant 3bet anything AT AJ AQ AK perhaps (overvalueing tohse becuz he under represented them preflop and now wants value).

One thing that makes it more borderline is that there are no hands he needs to bluff, no fd existed on the flop or showed up for a loose peel on the turn and all straight draws after the turn hit or paired up, this doesnt mean this player couldnt bluff raise a hand with showdown value tho like 99 TT if hed limp that pre or 7x that had a bdfd off the flop

remember 1.6 total af isnt totally passive when ur playing too many hands preflop but raising none of them (his latter street af is likely higher than most)

sir.Oliver 10-13-2007 10:49 AM

i would have check/called the river, with intention to induce a bluff.
i think the key is you opponents hand-range. but whatever he has picked up to reraise you, you're in bad shape against it.

V4P 10-13-2007 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would have check/called the river, with intention to induce a bluff.
i think the key is you opponents hand-range. but whatever he has picked up to reraise you, you're in bad shape against it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, theres really nothing for him to bluff with if you check the river. The ace holdings or other pairs that he might have will certainly call a river bet, but probably check behind because of the scary board

KitCloudkicker 10-13-2007 11:56 AM

what level is this? 0.50/1?

sir.Oliver 10-13-2007 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, theres really nothing for him to bluff with if you check the river. The ace holdings or other pairs that he might have will certainly call a river bet, but probably check behind because of the scary board

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes thats true.
If he has'nt anything he'll fold to a bet but raise a better hand. Thats why i think check/call is the better move.

Afterall you have tptk in an hu-situation - i'm not sure if check/fold is good move on the river. But i dont think either that a bet is for value in this situation.

Riku 10-13-2007 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
0.50/1

[/ QUOTE ]

tyler_cracker 10-13-2007 02:18 PM

i would b/f. 1 pair is no good here.

arch_angel 10-13-2007 04:51 PM

What's the reasoning on betting a four str8 river? Are you trying to induce a bluff raise? The river puts up one card str8 possibilities and makes two pair for a str8 draw that was calling on the flop.