Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NFL games on TV/Horrible choices (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521690)

ur54sold 10-12-2007 06:29 PM

NFL games on TV/Horrible choices

Does it bother anyone else that a lot of the best NFL games are impossible to watch unless you have sunday ticket. For example, I live in san diego and the chargers are playing the raiders at 1:15 this sunday... snooze. On the other hand, the biggest game of the season so far is also on at 1:15, Dallas and New England. Unfortunately for me and the rest of the millions of people of the west coast with regular cable, we can't watch the game. Does this piss anyone else off.
Because I'm really [censored] pissed.

lastchance 10-12-2007 06:31 PM

Re: NFL games on TV/Horrible choices

Go to a sports bar.

ur54sold 10-12-2007 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Go to a sports bar.

[/ QUOTE ]

exxxxxcelllllllent...
drink and watch NFL

MacGuyV 10-12-2007 06:33 PM

You're just begging for a smug "get Sunday ticket" reply.
But seriously, DTV doesn't cost any more than cable. If you love football I don't see any reason you wouldn't get it unless you have a landlord who is a big nit.

lastchance 10-12-2007 06:33 PM

Exactly. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, but there are happy remedies. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

gusmahler 10-12-2007 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But seriously, DTV doesn't cost any more than cable.

[/ QUOTE ]
And it has much more HD available. (over 40 channels now).

PokerFink 10-12-2007 07:20 PM

Wait, OP lives in San Diego, and is complaining that the San Diego game is on TV?

Billy Bibbit 10-12-2007 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But seriously, DTV doesn't cost any more than cable. If you love football I don't see any reason you wouldn't get it unless you only have one window and it faces north.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. DirecTV isn't an option for a lot of people who live in apartments and it's ridiculous that Sunday Ticket isn't available for us. I agree with the OP and I think it should be illegal for DirecTV to have a monopoly on NFL programming.

That being said, OP, [censored] DirecTV. Find a good sports bar and go there every week. If you spend $10-$15 per week on drinks and lunch then you're not spending more than Sunday Ticket costs and it's much more fun to watch a game with the other regulars at the bar than it is to watch it sitting on your ass at home.

dlk9s 10-12-2007 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, OP lives in San Diego, and is complaining that the San Diego game is on TV?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you're saying that I shouldn't be upset that I don't regularly get Green Bay games down in Atlanta? I mean, Brett Favre was once a Falcon, so they should all be Packer fans down here. Amirite?

Needle77 10-12-2007 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Go to a sports bar.

[/ QUOTE ]

exxxxxcelllllllent...
drink and watch NFL

[/ QUOTE ]

There is another way to watch football?