Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Al Gore receives Nobel Peace Prize (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521329)

eurythmech 10-12-2007 05:01 AM

Al Gore receives Nobel Peace Prize

Discuss.

tomdemaine 10-12-2007 05:09 AM

Re: Al Gore receives Nobel Peace Prize

Hopefully now we'll all get some peace.

Taso 10-12-2007 05:11 AM

Congradulations. I'm happy for him.

I hope this will lead to him throwing in his name for the next election. I'll take him over any candidate (other than Ron Paul, obviously). I feel he is a flat out good man, with good intentions, integrity, the world presence and international experience to bring the USA back to its status as one of the good nations, not the one everyone wants to hate. As a democrat, I doubt he values the same things I do with regards to limited government, but if its any republican (except Paul) versus Gore, I'll take the one I can trust, Gore.

whiskeytown 10-12-2007 05:12 AM

been hearing rumors about it for days - he bailed on a couple of Progressive events because of an event overseas -

the offical announcement is that he shares it with the intergovernmental panel on climate change for their efforts to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change, and to lay the foundation for the measures that are needed to counteract such change.

------------

actually, given the a great number of there wars that are fought are fought over things like water and natural resources/food that are all endangered by global climate change, this is not too much of a stretch. Good for him -
RB

Bedreviter 10-12-2007 05:18 AM

So for the 2nd time the Nobel Peace Prize is more of a showing that "this is how much we disagree with George W. Bush and how much we value notable American politicians who are known opponents of him".

Stu Pidasso 10-12-2007 05:20 AM

The Nobel foundation lost all it credibility when they awarded Yasser Arafat the peace prize in 1994. Al Gore should be embarrassed to be part of that club now.

What did he do to "deserve" it anyways?

Stu

AlexM 10-12-2007 05:23 AM

Seriously? I didn't think that award could get more worthless, but I was wrong.

AlexM 10-12-2007 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bombed Iraq.

whiskeytown 10-12-2007 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Nobel foundation lost all it credibility when they awarded Yasser Arafat the peace prize in 1994. Al Gore should be embarrassed to be part of that club now.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

Yassar only won a 1/3 of it with the foreign/prime ministers of Israel winning the other two thirds -

man-made climate change will cause violent conflicts - by trying to fight that, we will prevent future wars over things like water scarcity, etc, etc -

RB

whiskeytown 10-12-2007 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously? I didn't think that award could get more worthless, but I was wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe if they award it to GWB next year you can be wrong again [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

rb