Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Prop bets between Degenyamine and Eli Elezra (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520876)

GiantWalleye 10-11-2007 03:57 PM

Prop bets between Degenyamine and Eli Elezra

So I caught the last 20 minutes of poker after dark last night. The guys at the table where talking about prop bets between DB and Eli, Eli said something to the extent that he is up 2 million on DB but has only gotten 400K in cash.

Does anyone know what these bets where about? I wonder when db is going to pay up.

heater 10-11-2007 04:34 PM

Re: Prop bets between Degenyamine and Eli Elezra

Well, you can rule out an eating competition.

UncleKraut 10-11-2007 04:42 PM

They bet on stupid crap like what cards come on the flop, and what color the flop is.

Retarded IMO

ohead 10-11-2007 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They bet on stupid crap like what cards come on the flop, and what color the flop is.

Retarded IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I doubt benyamine lost 2 mill only propping this

Daddy Warbucks 10-11-2007 04:59 PM

Brandon Adams lost 104k to Phil Ivey in a couple of hours playings props at some tournament after Ivey busted and wandered over to his table.

adan2401 10-11-2007 05:03 PM

wasnt there a 1 million dollar bet between em to see who was the first to win a bracelet which eli won ????

Wilpro 10-11-2007 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A+

TxRedMan 10-11-2007 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wasnt there a 1 million dollar bet between em to see who was the first to win a bracelet which eli won ????

[/ QUOTE ]

eli had between 5-1 and 10-1 with several players. iirc BG bet him 10-1 on 25K, and his bracelet netted him close to 3/4 mill.

to those who dont like propping, it's even money bets and the guy who pays the most attention is the one with an edge. it's not like some wild gamble. there's no vig and no advantage unless you forget to call one of your props/miss one of your props.

Daddy Warbucks 10-11-2007 05:25 PM

Neutral EV or not, if they're betting 10k a prop with all the crazy multipliers and qualifiers they bet on, i'd say the risk of ruin must be quite high. Remember when grimm lost 300k in a day flipping?

the_dal_kid 10-11-2007 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that this was the FIRST response makes it so much better. I lol'd hard.

A+