Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Am I getting screwd by my dry cleaner? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520822)

Boris 10-11-2007 02:58 PM

Am I getting screwd by my dry cleaner?

Shirts cost $1.85. Today they charged me $3.95 for my chamois shirt. It was "heavier" than a normal shirt. That's bull caca right? I should add the service is excellent so I'm willing to pay a little bit of a premium but I really feel like I'm taking it in the butt here.

CORed 10-11-2007 03:01 PM

Re: Am I getting screwd by my dry cleaner?

[ QUOTE ]
Shirts cost $1.85. Today they charged me $3.95 for my chamois shirt. It was "heavier" than a normal shirt. That's bull caca right? I should add the service is excellent so I'm willing to pay a little bit of a premium but I really feel like I'm taking it in the butt here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sue them for 6 million dollars. Oh, wait, I guess they have to lose your pants before you can do that.

Toro 10-11-2007 03:15 PM

I run into the same thing. That shirt has to be done with a different process than just wash, dry and iron, so it costs more. Mine cost $5.00 so I'd say you're getting a bargain.

solids 10-11-2007 03:16 PM

Standard. Just let it slide.

KilgoreTrout 10-11-2007 03:31 PM

Damn. CORed beat me to it.

Not getting screwed Boris, especially at $4.

Dids 10-11-2007 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chamois is more than just heavier, it reacts to heat differently (look at the tag gosh). I imagine it takes a different process. Of course, they should explain that instead of some heavier nonsense.

4_2_it 10-11-2007 03:43 PM

Probably not getting screwed, but if you are, you are getting a kiss before and an "I love you" afterwards.

mbillie1 10-11-2007 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Standard. Just let it slide.

[/ QUOTE ]

DonkeyKongSr 10-11-2007 03:58 PM

You people are talking like everyone knows what a chamois shirt is. After seeing images, I'm guessing I know nothing about it because I'm from a warm climate where such a fabric really isn't needed.

youtalkfunny 10-11-2007 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn. CORed beat all of us to it.

[/ QUOTE ]