Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   fgators thread, input plz (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520768)

Gildwulf 10-11-2007 01:58 PM

fgators thread, input plz

link

Infamous fgators wants to post his graph of 4 million hands, which would basically be legendary.

In previous threads, people have offered him money for it.

In this thread he is trying to collect $400 to send the database because people are willing to pay for it.

I interjected that this sets a bad precedence of people selling their databases in bbv and making a lot of money off of that type of thing and it's not something I wanted to see in bbv. I told ppl to stop offering money and that if fgators wanted to donate the $400 to charity I would be willing to collect but otherwise no dice.

People want to make an exception in the thread based on the projected awesomeness of this graph (tbh, I am pretty excited to see this graph too).

I thought I'd post it to hear some mod/admin thoughts on this.

Zach

Gildwulf 10-11-2007 02:00 PM

Re: fgators thread, input plz

also this comment kind of ticked me off

[ QUOTE ]
if gild won't allow it

obviously we need to move to a different forum here, out of his reach

[/ QUOTE ]

iron81 10-11-2007 02:02 PM

I think it's pretty standard to sell PT databases in Strat forum low content threads.

ajmargarine 10-11-2007 02:09 PM

Gild:

I agree that by the letter of the law you shouldn't allow this in BBV.

But,

Other people did offer him the $$$ first before he even brought it up. His newest thread where he talks about the money is just a summary of the previous threads. So he's not so much begging as it may seem.

I think it should be allowed.

I might be open to allowing it in SSNL if you feel that doesn't step on your toes and you are OK with that and if it helps in any way.

--aj

Gildwulf 10-11-2007 02:17 PM

if you let that post stay up in german bbv I am going to be [censored] pissed off

Gildwulf 10-11-2007 02:18 PM

link

ajmargarine 10-11-2007 02:19 PM

Wait, what?

German BBV steps in...

ajmargarine 10-11-2007 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you let that post stay up in german bbv I am going to be [censored] pissed off

[/ QUOTE ]

not cool hra....

hra146 10-11-2007 02:25 PM

I didnt think about what I did there. I shouldnt have actively encouraged them moving the thread to my forum.

On a general note: I disagree with GW regarding this issue but I understand that my behaviour wasnt appropriate. Unless having discussed it beforehand mods shouldnt do stuff like this.

Gildwulf 10-11-2007 02:28 PM

now we both look like morons