Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Its a tarp (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520720)

corsakh 10-11-2007 12:40 PM

Its a tarp

Both villains are pretty hardcore nits. Co is 10/6 or something, BB is 14/8.

iPoker 50NL
6 max

Hero with TT OTB.
Co has $10
BB is full stack

CO raises to $1.25, Hero pops to $5, BB cold calls, CO pushes, Hero ???

Is this an obvious tarp?

CobraGoat 10-11-2007 12:50 PM

Re: Its a tarp

yes, this is an ugly spot and seems very tarpish on the part of BB. why did you raise so much PF, to commit CO?

given COs raise AI, the betting is capped now right? neither you nor BB can repush right? you'll be getting like 5:1 so i would call and play it passively unless of course you flop a set.

corsakh 10-11-2007 12:52 PM

There is no cap [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Any one of us can reopen.

Perk76 10-11-2007 01:10 PM

I had a hand like this the other day. It sure seemed like the cold calling was hoping for the isolating all in, however in my particular hand I figured he would not of been smart enough to pull off the trap so I raised it up trying to make it look like I wanted him to stay in. He folded in that particular hand.

I think here you can raise it up to 22.50 or so and BB will fold alarge percent of the time since if he is on midpair up to QQ he most likely would fold them since he cant set mine at that point. If he pushes/or cold calls again, you can still get away from your hand since he is full stacked.

Sorcerer808 10-11-2007 01:32 PM

If CO really has $10 to start then his raise is less then a minraise, thus the cap. I think you can call this and play it passively like cobra said, you'll have pos. If there was no cap, fold.

corsakh 10-11-2007 01:35 PM

Its not a cap. I raise $4 to $5.

wingchunflush 10-11-2007 01:45 PM

I call here, I think the BB would have raised it the first time around.

Hail Eris 10-11-2007 02:23 PM

Raise to $6 PF lol

I probably groan and fold here, but such is the price of the blunder.

Perk76 10-11-2007 03:00 PM

If you are advocating call here, you can bet that BB will be calling a large portion of the time, or decide he is going to squeeze himself which you would then have to fold too, hence the title of the post with a tarp.

I am folding or raising in this spot. If I raise and BB folds, I am headsup against the CO with my 'call' giving me 3-1 with 1010 which can and will be ahead alot of the time against the CO's range.

Calling to me seems so meh here. Those that are advocating, how are you playing this post flop? hit or miss against the nit BB? or trying to take the pot down? If your gonna fight for the pot post flop, you might as well do it preflop and get him to fold JJ/QQ/or the most likely lower pp's that may hit a set.