Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   More Additional, Folding (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520021)

cgrohman 10-10-2007 04:13 PM

More Additional, Folding

6 handed b/c of walkers. Villian is an old man but doesn't play exactly like an old man. He limps a lot of hands and raises a decent amount especially in position.

Folded to him on the button and he raises, I three bone AQ out of the BB

Flop KQ5r

I bet he calls.

Turn 3x, I bet he raises I sigh and fold.

Brooklyn Fats 10-10-2007 04:20 PM

Re: More Additional, Folding

Nice hand,sir.

HOWMANY 10-10-2007 04:23 PM

I certainly hope you aren't trying to convince yourself an old man is semibluffing the turn.

mongidig 10-10-2007 04:26 PM

Not much to be semibluffing here. Easy fold.

soonerorlater 10-10-2007 04:29 PM

You 3-bet preflop, fire the flop and turn on a KQ board, and he waits until the turn to raise. Your getting a little better than 4-1 to call down here, and I don't think you'll win often enough to make that profitable.

cgrohman 10-10-2007 04:49 PM

Yea, no, I guess not, but I probably lost almost 25BB against this guy over the course of 2 hours folding to his turn or river raises. He even commented one time "when are you going to get to showdown." or something liek that.

Hass 10-10-2007 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea, no, I guess not, but I probably lost almost 25BB against this guy over the course of 2 hours folding to his turn or river raises. He even commented one time "when are you going to get to showdown." or something liek that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would make me want to call down, maybe thats why I lose. I think folding is correct here though.

cgrohman 10-10-2007 05:20 PM

This was the very 1st hand of many, so I was less inclined to call him down at this point. I really don't think he ever bluffed me. I just wanted to make sure the fold was standard.

For example, this is the one time I did call him down.

Decent player with a wide range raises UTG. Old Dude Cold Calls. I 3 bet AcKc out of the BB.

Flop is 10sJc6d. I bet, both call. Turn is a Qs. I bet only old dude calls. River is a 7s. I bet, old dude raises, everything in my ebing tells me to fold but I call and he shows me As6s.

piggity 10-11-2007 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This was the very 1st hand of many, so I was less inclined to call him down at this point. I really don't think he ever bluffed me. I just wanted to make sure the fold was standard.

For example, this is the one time I did call him down.

Decent player with a wide range raises UTG. Old Dude Cold Calls. I 3 bet AcKc out of the BB.

Flop is 10sJc6d. I bet, both call. Turn is a Qs. I bet only old dude calls. River is a 7s. I bet, old dude raises, everything in my ebing tells me to fold but I call and he shows me As6s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic re-re-re-suckout hand!

Does anyone fold this at the river? Getting 10:1 with the nut straight, I'd insta-call, especially if I've been folding to his turn and river raises all session.

Yads 10-11-2007 11:02 AM

Since this was the first hand of many where he was taking shots at you I'd fold, but if you had folded a whole bunch of times I would be more inclined to call down obviously.