Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Returning a really bad game (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519989)

RedRover 10-10-2007 03:37 PM

Returning a really bad game

I bought Tony Hawk Project 8 for PS2 this weekend. I read some reviews and knew it wasn't going to be great, but I can't believe how bad it is. It's frozen a bunch of times while I was playing. I randomly change change directions and crash for no reason. Menu options have disappeared, for example the ability to set a restart point is gone). Now it's corrupted my save file. Target won't take it back because it's open software. I've talked to Activision but they said all they can do is offer me a replacement disc for a small fee (LOL!) while at the same time acknowledging that everything I've said is actually their fault.

What recourse do I have from here? I bought the game with a debit card, so maybe I can contest those charges somehow?

AceLuby 10-10-2007 03:46 PM

Re: Returning a really bad game

Too late now, should have gone somewhere w/ a 30 day return policy on games. I did the same thing w/ Marvel Alliance on PS3 from gamestop, took it home, then realized it was the same game as X-Men Alliance w/ only slightly better graphics. Returned it and pre-payed for Oblivion w/ it.

chuckleslovakian 10-10-2007 03:56 PM

Walmart is always the best bet for returning games like that

RedRover 10-10-2007 03:58 PM

i dont need a receipt for walmart do i?

chuckleslovakian 10-10-2007 04:01 PM

just say your aunt sent the game to you for your bday and you want to trade it in. Walmart doesnt give a [censored]

fredd-bird 10-10-2007 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont need a receipt for walmart do i?

[/ QUOTE ]
nah, usually they just replace the game, if they don't have it in stock i believe they refund the value of the game via Wal-Mart Gift Card.

Dromar 10-10-2007 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just say your aunt sent the game to you for your bday and you want to trade it in. Walmart doesnt give a [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's brilliant!

I've never had a problem with a video game I've bought before, but that's a good idea if I do.

Low Key 10-10-2007 11:32 PM

Step 1: Scratch the [censored] of the disc.

Step 2: Exchange it for a working one that's unopened.

Step 3: Go to a different store without a receipt.

Step 4: Profit.

Bigka79 10-10-2007 11:59 PM

Buy Skate

MikeSmith 10-11-2007 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Step 1: Scratch the [censored] of the disc.

Step 2: Exchange it for a working one that's unopened.

Step 3: Go to a different store without a receipt.

Step 4: Profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

i tried this with lame ass super monkey ball for the wii, they gave me a fresh copy but ripped off the plastic around so i couldnt pull that stunt, i guess it depends on whether or not you get a competent worker behind the wal mart counter