Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   I don't know what i'm doing, but i think it's more +EV than calling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519942)

Fonkey123 10-10-2007 02:30 PM

I don\'t know what i\'m doing, but i think it\'s more +EV than calling

standard 2p2 tag you know the type

basically my intuition tells me he's never bluffing here, but 99% of standard 2p2 also won't have a huge hand

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP ($313.25)
Button ($254)
<font color="#C00000">SB ($210.60)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($206)</font>
UTG ($61.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $6.

Flop: ($16) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $13</font>, Hero calls $13.

Turn: ($42) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($42) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $185

orange 10-10-2007 02:33 PM

Re: I don\'t know what i\'m doing, but i think it\'s more +EV than calling

his line is weird, like AJ or whatever i think. i think he leads trips always on the turn as well as stuff like JT. is your shove for value or bluff? i would guess bluff (you'd need some meta for him to call with like...Kx).

djj6835 10-10-2007 02:35 PM

I don't get it, is this for value/ avoid a split? He doesn't have a king and you split with every ace. I guess this is fine, he probably folds Ax and you are almost never behind.

Fonkey123 10-10-2007 02:37 PM

Re: I don\'t know what i\'m doing, but i think it\'s more +EV than callin

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it, is this for value/ avoid a split? He doesn't have a king and you split with every ace. I guess this is fine, he probably folds Ax and you are almost never behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, to move him off a chop. If he's hardly ever bluffing and hardly ever has us beat, I imagine he only have to fold a small portion of A/x's to be +EV.

imozyslow 10-10-2007 02:37 PM

freeeeeeeeeeerollllllll

Fonkey123 10-10-2007 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
freeeeeeeeeeerollllllll

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

my posts summed up in 1 word

ASPoker8 10-10-2007 02:46 PM

spewtard fish [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

sww 10-10-2007 02:51 PM

I don't know why he can't have monster here sometimes, going for turn checkraise etc. Ace feels even stranger since there are too many draws out there for turn check IMO. I don't think they would ever fold an ace against me though, rather call with Qx or underpair. wtf are you representing, 55, busted flushdraw and very strangely played JT?

Fonkey123 10-10-2007 05:49 PM

He mercilessly pwned me with KJ fwiw.

LearnedfromTV 10-10-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
his line is weird, like AJ or whatever i think. i think he leads trips always on the turn as well as stuff like JT. is your shove for value or bluff? i would guess bluff (you'd need some meta for him to call with like...Kx).

[/ QUOTE ]

What, besides JT, is "stuff like JT?"

Agree that he rarely has a big hand, but your hand doesn't look like anything either.. why would you check back a K when you can often get two streets of value from his ace and will rarely get anything from 88 or air (he's not paying off a bet with a small pair and he's usually giving up with air when he checks the turn). Not hard to call with an A in his spot, but people will fold and since AQ=Ax and a K or better is rare, I think the freeroll shove is fine.