Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   An unknown UTG raiser c/r me on a low flop???? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519875)

HoldEmNewby 10-10-2007 12:52 PM

An unknown UTG raiser c/r me on a low flop????

Raise (size????) or call and what is your turn line?????

Party Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $98.50
SB: $71.51
BB: $91.50
UTG: $103.35
CO: $99.03

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $4</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $4, 2 folds

Flop: ($9.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $6.50</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $18</font>, Hero?????

AE6 10-10-2007 12:55 PM

Re: An unknown UTG raiser c/r me on a low flop????

oh man i hope somebody smarter than me has good advice to give here, b/c this [censored] tilts me so hard

nazahl 10-10-2007 01:01 PM

yeah this is such a WHAT THE [censored]?!? spot

pretty sure just calling the flop is the best play.

see what happens on the turn

HoldEmNewby 10-10-2007 01:14 PM

You call a: A,K,Q,T,9,7,6,5 or 2 comes down on the turn, villain donks 30 into a $45.50, now what?

If i'm not folding the turn l'm playing for stacks. What card can i comfortably play for stacks (with the exception of a J). He either has AK, an overpair to the board, a set or a straight draw.

imozyslow 10-10-2007 01:19 PM

you can fold the flop nobody will know you tossed an overpair!

i def wouldnt repop the flop in this situation-- probably call and reeval on the turn, folding to most reasonable bets.

biendover 10-10-2007 01:19 PM

It'd be nice if you had an inkling of how your opponent plays. Spot sucks but I typically call flop and re-evaluate turn vs an unknown. If it happens again vs him then I'm more incline to look him up second time around.

HoldEmNewby 10-10-2007 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you can fold the flop nobody will know you tossed an overpair!

i def wouldnt repop the flop in this situation-- probably call and reeval on the turn, folding to most reasonable bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

If i fold the flop i feel very dirty, i don't like raising, but calling is pretty bad as i'm folding the turn to a donk bet often, also if he checks,i bet and he check raises again on the turn many kittens will suffer.

KhalynYohrk 10-10-2007 01:35 PM

I think I like looking someone up here if I have no history. Or just lay it down and make a note, paying atttention to their flop c/r %.