Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   AQs with river troubles (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519789)

Burnsabre 10-10-2007 10:14 AM

AQs with river troubles

Turn bettor is somewhat loose passive, didn't have his full ring stats but runs like 65/7/.5 in 6 max. No read on button. Is this river a b/f, ch/call, or b/c? Also, does anyone c-bet this flop?

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 3 folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (10SB, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5BB, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, 2 folds, UTG calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (11BB, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero ?

Yads 10-10-2007 10:19 AM

Re: AQs with river troubles

bet fold looks good.

Allday Everyday 10-10-2007 10:31 AM

Burnsabre?! Remember me?

Flop: No, I'm not betting this, but I think the decision is reasonably close given that most of the field are behind you rather than in front. So, I check and most likely call.

Turn: Yeah, I think you have to raise to protect the likely best hand even though the better is a bit passive and the pot isn't really big.

River: Personally, I'd bet-fold this but I really struggle on these multiway river value decisions. I think UTG especially pays off with worse hands. Are we planning to overcall here if we check and button bets? Think we might have to without more info on the button as the pot is now big and UTG has the stats of someone who likes to call. As such, I think it's a bet-fold.

Mitke 10-10-2007 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet fold looks good.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't beat anything that raises here. Turn cold-call from BTN is often a FD. Even an OESD might sometimes fold to your turn raise (discounting outs from the FD when not closing the action). You still beat a large part of UTG's range and he seems a calling-station.

C-bet on flop.. hmmm... 5-ways but checked to, yet drawy flop, and any hand having a piece of the flop can probably peel one bet. No c-bet I guess.

One Outer 10-10-2007 02:38 PM

I would have c-bet the flop, if only to maintain my table image.

River is a bet/fold. Button's calling two cold is kind of scary, but I think that is usually a flush draw and unlikely to contain a King. I like the turn raise.

FWIW I think you're probably good here a majority of the time, but it's wa/wb.

KitCloudkicker 10-10-2007 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have c-bet the flop, if only to maintain my table image.

[/ QUOTE ]

what does this mean?

if you want a loose/action image, just remember that there are significant advantages to have a tight image as well.

One Outer 10-10-2007 03:42 PM

It means...uhhh...that maybe I don't want to have people betting into me when I raise PF?

Wait, that doesn't make any sense. It's easier to protect my hand when they bet into me. Nevermind [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Note to self: think before posting