Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   NLTRN - Very weak cbet against all-in status shortie (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519478)

xSCWx 10-09-2007 09:55 PM

NLTRN - Very weak cbet against all-in status shortie

He has been very passive player but he has reached that point where he likes to shove. I assume he has reached a point where he feels a little more comfortable (stack-wise) because he has been limping hands lately. His preflop call here preflop I assume is weak.

Full Tilt Poker Game #3807741321: $55 + $2.50 Heads Up Sit &
Go (29002375), Table 1 - 20/40 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:49:14 ET - 2007/10/09
Seat 1: sponce257 (470)
Seat 2: xSCWx (2,530)

xSCWx posts the small blind of 20
sponce257 posts the big blind of 40
The button is in seat #2

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to xSCWx [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
xSCWx raises to 120
sponce257 calls 80

*** FLOP *** [7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
sponce257 checks
xSCWx bets 90

---

My thinking is that regardless of if I do 90 or 160, he has to dedicate his whole stack in order to play the hand.

Is there anything better to do?

daveT 10-09-2007 10:08 PM

Re: NLTRN - Very weak cbet against all-in status shortie

I hate this situation, and I don't know what else you could do. With so much paint on the board, I would rather check it down. I wouldn't give him credit for bluffing right now, and I wouldn't want to see him with more chips.

shyturtle27 10-09-2007 10:11 PM

I'd rather shove preflop than play this hand. It's got good shoveablity (word?), but little playability. I would also try to check this down.

daveT 10-09-2007 10:13 PM

I disagree with shoving. Sounds like the villain is going to fold trouble hands anyways, no point getting the worst of it with all the chips in the middle.

Landonfan 10-09-2007 10:41 PM

Are you folding if he shoves over your pf raise? If not, I prefer just shoving.

ChicagoRy 10-09-2007 10:50 PM

WTF, minraise PF if anything. 3x raise here is horrible unless you have some aggressive plans and some good reads.

xSCWx 10-09-2007 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I intended to call a shove, but I think he has a wider range shoving over my bet than he does calling my shove.

Landonfan 10-09-2007 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I intended to call a shove, but I think he has a wider range shoving over my bet than he does calling my shove.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is true, since he should know he has no FE here. If he'll see more strength in a shove than a normal raise, then I guess so. Most people won't, though.

xSCWx 10-09-2007 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is true, since he should know he has no FE here. If he'll see more strength in a shove than a normal raise, then I guess so. Most people won't, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure he has no idea what fold equity is. I think the fact that he is making a "shove" instead of a "call" broadens his range.

Landonfan 10-09-2007 11:21 PM

In that case, it's alright. I assumed a 55er would be better than that [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Keep in mind I'm used to FR SNGs, so my instinct is to shove the [censored] out of everything when I'm in the SB. So I'm probably a bit too aggressive here.