Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Weird (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519425)

HOWMANY 10-09-2007 08:21 PM

Weird

BB is 38/18/2 over 300. My note on him is that he caps KQs preflop otb against a BB 3bet, so I strongly suspect he will 3bet preflop with AT+ here. MP has us beat close to 0% so his donations make a call much more appealing. BB donking a straight here seems a bit odd.

PokerStars 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.66 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (6.33 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.33 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls

DeathDonkey 10-09-2007 08:55 PM

Re: Weird

Seems like a straightforward turn raise. Are you asking if there is value in raising the river? It's close.

-DeathDonkey

mute 10-09-2007 09:09 PM

Anything but calling turn and river wouldn't enter my mind here.

vmacosta 10-09-2007 09:35 PM

i'd put is range right around {t9,ahxh}. no way im raising the turn or river.

milesdyson 10-09-2007 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anything but calling turn and river wouldn't enter my mind here.

[/ QUOTE ]
agree 700%

yourface 10-09-2007 09:42 PM

I wouldn't raise the turn or river here, villain's turn play seems very strong to me.

you're going to bet there when checked to like 100% so I interpret his leading out as saying that his hand doesn't need protection so he wants MP to come along for the ride.

that being said I'm never folding TPGK for 1 bet at a time in a big pot when I see someone use a funny line. he probably turns up with a combo draw or AhXh or we improve on the river enough of the time

I agree with vma's assessment of his range, but I'd add A7 and broadway combo draws as well

Oink 10-10-2007 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like a straightforward turn raise. Are you asking if there is value in raising the river? It's close.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to elaborate DD?

Like the others I am not raising this turn as I expect to see T9 too often and folding to a 3-bet is out of the question

DeathDonkey 10-10-2007 06:27 AM

BB has weird bad LAG stats, we can eliminate all the good aces from his range, so we are basically holding top pair with the nut kicker against a weird/bad LAG who coldcalled the flop and bet the turn, and another guy who the OP says is just donating in this pot. If we give him a range of A2-A9 and T9 alone we are in good shape and the 3rd guy is padding the pot. Basically due to the 3rd player we are getting a great overlay, and the guy betting the turn is a weird bad player who just donk bet and everyone is just going to give him credit for the stone cold nuts?

I just don't see why T9 is such a likely hand in this spot.

-DeathDonkey

noles321 10-10-2007 10:51 AM

I think this is a call down not a raise. Here is how I see this more often than not he has 78 or 910. If he is donking an ace the only ones you are ahead of are (a2 -a6 and a9) thats 5 hands of which I doubt he donks most of those. The only other hands I see that donk and you are ahead of are Jx of hearts.

danzasmack 10-10-2007 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I used to not raise here, then PT told me I put more bets in w/AQ here on the F/T and i realized how dumb that is.