Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   $5+.5 FTP MTT, Early w/ no reads (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519308)

xileh 10-09-2007 05:36 PM

$5+.5 FTP MTT, Early w/ no reads

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $25/$50
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $200</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, 3 folds, BB calls, UTG folds.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($675, 3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($675, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $675</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $5650</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB calls all-in $2835</font>.
Uncalled bets: $2140 returned to Hero.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($7695, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $7695)

Results:
Final pot: $7695

levAA 10-09-2007 05:57 PM

Re: $5+.5 FTP MTT, Early w/ no reads

Preflop: good

Flop: good (a c-bet can be discussed of course)

Turn: If BB is a thinking player you have a tough decision now, cause he should know that AK is in your range. As he fires a psb against two opponents indicates a strong hand for me, and there are a lot of possible holdings in his range that beat you (KT,33,99,TT,QJ,AA).

So you are in a tough situation now:

- you can push the turn as you did
- you can call and fold if he pushes the river
- calling turn and call a river push is bad (pushing the turn yourself is better)
- you can fold

so none of these choices look really good, but as this is a 5$ buy-in I think pushing the turn is the best one. at a higher buy-in I would even think about a fold here.

Rupert 10-09-2007 06:15 PM

I like it a lot, his turn bet could be a lot of bare kings or flush/straight draws. I would raise a bit less preflop, probably around 150-160

sidepot88 10-10-2007 01:48 PM

c-bet the flop

the Ks is a scary card because it feels a wide range of hands that he could have. I would probably "float" the turn and see what he does on the river. I don't necessarily hate a push, but you're going to get called with a hand that beats one pair the majority of the time.

CobraGoat 10-10-2007 02:28 PM

im all about c-betting but this really isnt a great spot for it. hero is facing two villains and a drawy board he has whiffed on. i am really not sure a cbet is pofitable here.

as played, despite it being a tough spot, i think i like just calling the turn and hopefully getting to showdown cheap. if villain shoves river, as already indicated, i would prolly fold. if he bets a smaller amount i prolly call. if he checks, bet 1/3.