Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Need Some help, typical turn Spot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519179)

HiatusOver 10-09-2007 02:44 PM

Need Some help, typical turn Spot

10-20 NL Online, Effective Stacks 2000 ish

I raise Cut-Off to 70 with AQo, guy who I dont have numbers on but I assume is capable of calling pre-flop and flop light in position (cause it seems everyone is) calls on the button pre-flop.

Flop QT6 rainbow. I bet 140, he calls. Turn Ace, so the board is QT6A.

My Options

Fire Again : problem with this is that I dont punish him for floating the flop and he folds all best hands, but KJ stacks me.

Check Raise : I might get him off a hand that would call 2 bets if I bet twice

Check-Call : I can act weak and hope he fires 2 bullets with a hand he floated with, or value bet a 2nd best hand. I also can control the pot vs KJ, down side is I give a free card and could miss some value.

Is this a super standard turn bet OOP, or is my confusion with this spot shared?

n2p 10-09-2007 02:46 PM

Re: Need Some help, typical turn Spot

what is your hand?

HiatusOver 10-09-2007 02:50 PM

Fixed, ty sorry

n2p 10-09-2007 03:01 PM

Betting would be standard for me, I would occasionally ck/call if you have a good read that he is overaggro, floaty. I really dont see any reason to c/r here.

klownage 10-09-2007 03:39 PM

c/c turn

HiatusOver 10-09-2007 05:23 PM

That was my instinct and thats what I did, didnt feel right tho. I understand the theory behind a turn check-call but I dont know if it fits with overally style, flow, balance, etc

klownage 10-09-2007 05:35 PM

It depends on the flow of the game, but against a random I would c/c.

If I was being very aggro from beforehand, I would bet this turn, for example.

ike 10-09-2007 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That was my instinct and thats what I did, didnt feel right tho. I understand the theory behind a turn check-call but I dont know if it fits with overally style, flow, balance, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

against a regular, if your game is such that you're going to bet/fold this turn somewhat often, you should bet/call here to balance. similarly if you're going to c/r semibluff this turn often, you might want to c/r here for balance. against an unknown you probably maximize value by check/calling turn and either check/calling or donking river.

HiatusOver 10-10-2007 11:00 PM

ike, sorry I walked away from this thread but thank u for breaking it down like that.

Those were actually more or less my exact thoughts, altho the turn check-call still feels a little dirty for some reason in the moment, yet I understand the theory behind it

HiatusOver 10-11-2007 12:13 PM

Bump to make sure we are done with this