Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Do I need to show my cards (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519126)

MARK R 10-09-2007 01:25 PM

Do I need to show my cards

This is the situation.

On the river only two players remain.
A guy makes a bet I call the bet the other guy instant mucks his cards and says you win. I am the only person left at the table with cards. Do I need to show my cards to claim the pot. I asked the floor person on the night who said I had to show my cards. The next night I asked the head floor person who said I do not need to show my cards. What is the correct rule in other places.

Mark.

Taso 10-09-2007 01:26 PM

Re: Do I need to show my cards

No, you don't.

But you should, because this ruling gets made incorrectly all the time.

SellingtheDrama 10-09-2007 01:28 PM

At Borgata, you have to show your hand.

The winning hand must be shown at showdown to claim the pot, period. (there)

Jauron 10-09-2007 01:30 PM

You should not need to, the hand is over because you are the only one left with cards.

The only real reason I can see for requiring you to do so is that it helps reduce concerns about players working together to force a 3rd player out of the pot.

buckyb88 10-09-2007 01:34 PM

You don't unless somebody asks to see them. Since it is still a called hand, a player can ask to see your cards. This should end any discussion about collusion

bav 10-09-2007 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So what happens there when someone mucks without showing at the showdown and the other player buries his hand in the muck?

One Outer 10-09-2007 01:41 PM

The standard rule is that the last guy with a live hand gets the pot. The exact same thing if your opponent folded heads up on the turn; you take it down.

If you don't want to show in this spot and the floor is telling you that you have to, I would do it just that one time and then ask the floor to bring you a copy of the house rules showing that they indeed have this rule. I have never heard of a room where this wasn't treated as a taken down pot.

SellingtheDrama 10-09-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So what happens there when someone mucks without showing at the showdown and the other player buries his hand in the muck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw that once in the 5/10, player got chewed out by half the table for wasting their time (its a timed rake game) having to have the floor come over and chew him out. He got the pot though.

MARK R 10-10-2007 05:38 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess it just depends on the poker room you are playing.

RR 10-10-2007 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who gets the pot if he doesn't show his hand?