Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   okay...i think I win the prize for the weakest KK line ever... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519019)

ssnyc 10-09-2007 10:52 AM

okay...i think I win the prize for the weakest KK line ever...

early on in Stars 12 turbo 180...built a good stack but no real reads...why do I suck so much???

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t50/t100
9 players

Stack sizes:
Hero: t5650
UTG+1: t1620
MP1: t1145
MP2: t1440
MP3: t1390
CO: t3212
Button: t1425
SB: t2915
BB: t2310

Pre-flop:(9 players) Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero raises to t300
7 folds
BB calls t200

Flop: (t650) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB checks
Hero checks

Turn: (t650) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB bets t100
Hero calls t100

River:(t850) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB bets t200
Hero calls t200

Final pot: t1250

CobraGoat 10-09-2007 10:53 AM

Re: okay...i think I win the prize for the weakest KK line ever...

nh.

Pokerfarian 10-09-2007 10:56 AM

Playing KK passively on Axx boards is/should be standard. Drawiness of this board makes raising the turn an option, but nh still.

BarryLyndon 10-09-2007 11:34 AM

This is fine, you got upset because he showed QQ or a made backdoor flush, but in all reality, your line here is fine. If he checks once, and then checks the turn, start betting for value.

Barry

ssnyc 10-09-2007 11:37 AM

lol...barry i can live with most of those but he had 35 off and made a backdoor runner runner str8...not a huge pot so wasnt too stressed but do I bet this flop when checked to???

BlueEcho 10-09-2007 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol...barry i can live with most of those but he had 35 off and made a backdoor runner runner str8...not a huge pot so wasnt too stressed but do I bet this flop when checked to???

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't. Getting to showdown cheaply is the goal now.

sapsuckah 10-09-2007 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do I bet this flop when checked to???

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time, vs this villain, yes.

ShizzMoney 10-09-2007 12:31 PM

Unless 300 has been your standard raise, I would like to see you make it 400-500 UTG. BB probably will call anyways, so make him make more of a mistake.

I don't mind the check on the flop, although sometimes I like to c-bet here to find out where I am at. I know DS once said that sometimes you have to see that Ace as a Duece HU when you have a big hand like KK/QQ/JJ, although it is easier said that done.

Either way, you kept the pot small and lost the minimum, and bets saved are bets earned. NH.

ssnyc 10-09-2007 12:59 PM

thanks all...glad to see opinion was in line with my line...didnt see a point in getting fancy with such a small pot and was happy to pay the cheap price at the river to see

BarryLyndon 10-09-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no you don't, because most of the time you are only getting called down by better hands / big draws. And, when you don't get called, it's going to suck, because you probably would have on a later street by a smaller pair.

I think you handled it fine. If you were against me, I would have bet a [censored] chunk on the river to make you think I missed the flush; in retrospect, you should have been really happy villain doesn't know how to maximize value on the river.

Barry