Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   AA OTB vs reg + fish (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518981)

corsakh 10-09-2007 09:46 AM

AA OTB vs reg + fish

UTG is a solid 18/16/3 regular. MP is a total fishy, 65/25/infinity over a small sample.

50nl 100BB stacks
iPoker
6 handed

UTG opens to $2, MP raises to $7, Hero with AA OTB - whats my plan?

I think there are two options. I can raise, but then I am guaranteed to loose UTG. He knows I am not going to 4bet this monkey with air. If I raise I can raise small, to get all in on the flop. Or I can raise big to get as much money in preflop as possible. Or I can flat call hoping UTG puts me on a middle pair and pushes. I am lost [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Perk76 10-09-2007 09:52 AM

Re: AA OTB vs reg + fish

Meh..depends on the mood. I think a call here can be sexy, considering that the stats of UTG would dictate that he has a strong holding, and there is a solid chance of him reraising MP since he is 3betting wide. I dont mind playing AA on button if the pot doesnt get rr.

If I 4bet its gonna be to $25.00, and I would expect alot of folds.

monkeymaps 10-09-2007 10:02 AM

UTG's range is like prob At+ any PP?
4 bet prob folds out most of those hands
we assume the fish is calling if we 4 bet? I kind of like that better.
you just flat calling fishe's 3 bet def looks suspect ( like PP) but on the other hand 4 betting and stacking fish will prob happen more often than falt calling and UTG pushing/or him committng post flop with a hand like TT+ because it will be hard for him to get too strong with you and fish in the pot postflop IMO.

wslee00 10-09-2007 10:15 AM

yeah - i say just lose UTG and get monkey's money.

Shattered 10-09-2007 10:55 AM

I don't see you extracting any more from UTG even if you do see a flop unless he has a monster, in which case you might get his stack anyways. Flat-calling the 3-bet looks really strong and it's giving him odds to draw to a set if he has a pocket pair. You're only losing value from JJ, AK, and maybe QQ assuming he folds those to your 4-bet.

I vote 4-bet small, stack the fish on any flop.

TTStrangler 10-09-2007 11:04 AM

I think another factor to take into consideration here is if UTG is a thinking solid player, what is his view of you right now? How would he interpret you flat calling the 3-bet, or your 4-bet? Which one might be more likely interpreted as a play? Which one is more likely to scare him?

scallop 10-09-2007 11:10 AM

Well 4-bet to 25 is never the play.

Cold Call if you think MP will squeeze, or if you feel you can get away from your hand (I don think you will find it all that easy to stack UTG unless it's a cooler because of his raise/call/'play for stacks' range)

As an aside, since when did a line in a poker hand become "sexy" ?

I think the raise to 18 is the best line. UTG pushes worse hand that he pushes - which enable you to get aipf .

UTG folds most of his hands, which gets rid of the solid tag. MP probablly calls, and his raise/call/'play for stacks' range is way bigger.

Another reason we raise, is that the UTG raiser would be closing the betting and he is liable to do this with a really wide range of hands, and we dont make all that much money from him when he wants to play - but conversely can lose a lot (give the nature of our hand as the Alpha Overpair)

Finally, 4-betting gives both our opponents the chance to 5-bet us which is really what we want.

The reason we dont raise to 25 is because the fish might fold.

corsakh 10-09-2007 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think another factor to take into consideration here is if UTG is a thinking solid player, what is his view of you right now? How would he interpret you flat calling the 3-bet, or your 4-bet? Which one might be more likely interpreted as a play? Which one is more likely to scare him?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is crucial deciding to call or raise, but I really don't know what he thinks of me as we did not have any history, I only have 20-30 hands on him and no notes. I just see that he is very solid from how he played the first few orbits.

corsakh 10-09-2007 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well 4-bet to 25 is never the play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly disagree and I prefer this. From fishs point of view, there is no difference between 18 and 25. Its all the same. Its just out of line for my game to 4bet this much. The reason I chose these numbers is if you bet 18, we have 30 in the pot and 30 behind. If I bet 25, we have 50 in the pot and 25 behind. Which means he is not getting away from AQ on a missed flop. But 18 may give some incentive for UTG to push with AK. I am confused [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

NL Newbie 10-09-2007 11:33 AM

minraise to $14 silly billys