Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Turned NFD vs shaundeeb in an interesting spot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518753)

aislephive 10-09-2007 12:41 AM

Turned NFD vs shaundeeb in an interesting spot

This took place during the final two tables of a Stars $109 this last sunday. We have both been near the top in chips for a lot of the tournament and have been seated together for a little while. He has been doing a lot of reraising from what I saw and seems to be pretty aggressive, but solid. We haven't really tangled yet to this point despite us both being pretty active. His read on me is likely similar to my read of him, aggressive, solid and good. But he views me as an unknown as I've never played with him before and have little experience in the big stars tourneys.

Anyways, my flop bet is too small. Should've made it 22-24k or so. Stack sizes however are pretty akward on the turn. If I bet I would likely have to fold to a shove unless I bet pretty big to committ myself. The thing is a big bet represents the kind of hand I have pretty well, which obviously isn't a good thing.

Thoughts on a turn bet/check? If you bet, please state the amount you want to bet and why you feel it is a good spot to bet / good betsize.

Poker Stars, $100 + $9 NL Hold'em Tournament, 2,500/5,000 Blinds, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: 121,702
Hero (UTG): 147,300
MP: 212,589
CO: 90,973
BTN: 300,206
SB: 121,782

Pre-Flop: (10,500) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to 13,999</font>, 3 folds, SB calls 11,499, BB folds

Flop: (35,998) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets 18,000</font>, SB calls 18,000

Turn: (71,998) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero ???

eBo 10-09-2007 12:49 AM

Re: Turned NFD vs shaundeeb in an interesting spot

Bet or shove. There's no reasonable hand he has that's calling you.

ASPoker8 10-09-2007 01:08 AM

I might check this flop vs shaun. I know some players will, but I don't think Shaun folds to a cbet with any sort of normal frequency in spots like these.

He's going to c/r or c/c a ton.

eBo 10-09-2007 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I might check this flop vs shaun. I know some players will, but I don't think Shaun folds to a cbet with any sort of normal frequency in spots like these.

He's going to c/r or c/c a ton.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I agree. Simply because his range for calling an UTG raise from the SB w/that stack is either AQ, a slowplayed monster or a midpair. Am I correct, shaun?

shaundeeb 10-09-2007 02:14 AM

this hand gets interesting and 0 people will guess my proper range.

KingDan 10-09-2007 02:19 AM

I like a flop check.

0evg0 10-09-2007 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a flop check.

[/ QUOTE ]

WarDekar 10-09-2007 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like a flop check.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

aislephive 10-09-2007 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this hand gets interesting and 0 people will guess my proper range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really sure what you mean by that. Do you mean your range includes stuff like KQ where you call the flop intending on betting the river if I check behind or something to that effect? I figured your range preflop was pretty narrow, stuff like medium pairs (I would think you'd fold small pairs here being OOP with shallow stacks), big aces, maybe something like a high suited connector like QJ.

shaundeeb 10-09-2007 04:37 AM

I am glad I made the call I did with you having the thought process I figured.