Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Busto + I quit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518644)

Sober 10-08-2007 10:16 PM

Busto + I quit

I can't win. After working my way up from the $6.50s through the 27s, I can't beat the $6.50s. I'm sure I'm "beating" them, but I can't win. With my roll under $100, I'm quitting and shipping it to Sammykid, as piss-poor payment for teaching me everything I know about poker.

Maybe one day after I've got a comfortable living going, I'll redeposit. I don't know. I just can't deal with playing a game where it absolutely doesn't matter how good you are, you can lose in one game, you can lose over 1000 games.

Thanks to everyone on this board who has helped me become a good poker player, whatever that's worth. Run well.

SlackerMcFly 10-08-2007 10:20 PM

Re: Busto + I quit

I'm sure that you are making the right decision for you and understand perfectly how you are feeling.

But:

If I quit every time I had a 20 BI downswing, I would have cost myself $1000's of dollars in the long run to date.

Perhaps learn a new game at the micro limits to enthuse you and keep your interest. Either way, best wishes. Slacker

PujolsOfPokr 10-08-2007 10:25 PM

Just got done reading through your other thread.

Sorry to hear, and best of luck with whatever you choose to do.

Sober 10-08-2007 10:39 PM

I can deal with a 20 BI downswing.

I came down 20 at the 27s, then 20 at the 16s, and over the last week have come down over 70 buyins at the 6.50s.

This is not a tilt issue. I have reviewed my play extensively with sngwiz. Sammykid insists that my level of play is beating the 60s. I guess I believe him, but it just doesn't matter.

BHokie1 10-08-2007 10:41 PM

I suggest you drink heavily.

GL in whatever you do

cha59 10-08-2007 10:42 PM

Playing as a poker pro definitely isnt for everyone who plays well. Good luck in your job search. It may not be as exciting, but isnt as hard to maintain a +ROI on a steady job.

Crash0veride 10-08-2007 10:43 PM

gg... and goodluck with whatever you choose to do.

If the downswing is not due to bad play or life tilt, according to SNG wiz what is it due?

Sober 10-08-2007 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gg... and goodluck with whatever you choose to do.

If the downswing is not due to bad play or life tilt, according to SNG wiz what is it due?

[/ QUOTE ]

Losing KK<88 a billion times, and everytime I correctly push junk villain has AA.

My play has certainly improved since my huge upswing at the beginning of my 'career.' I just ran ultra hot. Now I'm running so cold it doesn't matter how much I've improved. Whatever, it's not worth talking about anymore, because I'm done.

sippin_criss 10-08-2007 11:01 PM

gg, hope when you come back you find success.

Little John 10-08-2007 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can deal with a 20 BI downswing.

I came down 20 at the 27s, then 20 at the 16s, and over the last week have come down over 70 buyins at the 6.50s.

This is not a tilt issue. I have reviewed my play extensively with sngwiz. Sammykid insists that my level of play is beating the 60s. I guess I believe him, but it just doesn't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have a very hard time with this. you have dumped 90 buy-ins at the 27's - 6.5's and you/sammy think your play is good enough to beat the 60's? i'm too lazy, but i suggest you run this using the roi simulator to see if this is even possible.

also, reviewing your game with sngwiz can be fairly pointless unless you know how to assign correct ranges for your opponents because the presets in sngwiz are 100% useless.