Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Too much? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518624)

Kayber2 10-08-2007 09:47 PM

Too much?

1/2 6 max online. Villain plays pretty well and we've got some history together. villain raises utg i 3 bet w/ KJs he caps. Flop is K82 with the K8 of diamonds. He bets I raise he 3 bets I call. turn J he bets I raise he 3 bets. I call intending to raise any river that doesn't pair the board low. I also intend to fold to a 3bet.

Too much?

hoppscot22 10-08-2007 09:58 PM

Re: Too much?

not too much, its fine

Ian J 10-09-2007 12:50 AM

That's fine. Fold preflop maybe.

vincevegas 10-09-2007 01:40 AM

Everything looks fine except folding to the 3 bet....I mean come on its online, I see bluff 3 bet enough and people overplaying AA or AK....he may put you on AK and overplay AA....anyway rest seems fine to me.

Crusher19 10-09-2007 01:40 AM

i dont usually 3 bet the utg player with that hand but i think you played it fine other than that.

bicyclekick 10-09-2007 02:43 AM

I hate being broken record but I don't usually 3 bet pre-flop here either. Live, if a guy is running real bad and you're punishing him I do, though. Online too to an extent, it's just not the same.

Kirby99 10-09-2007 05:02 AM

Hey buddy. I wouldn't 3 bet preflop, but don't think it's a horrible. As you played it, I think if you're planning on putting 5 bets in on the big streets, I think you should cap the turn and bet the river (or call a bet if he donks the river). If he is overplaying a hand like AK or AA he might check/call the river if a diamond comes after you just called the 3 bet on the turn. Just seems like a better way to put in 5 bets.

sonartec 10-09-2007 06:43 AM

yeah i cap the turn, i doubt he is folding, and if he leads river you can probably just call, also as kirby said he may check call a few bad river cards

DcifrThs 10-09-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey buddy. I wouldn't 3 bet preflop, but don't think it's a horrible. As you played it, I think if you're planning on putting 5 bets in on the big streets, I think you should cap the turn and bet the river (or call a bet if he donks the river). If he is overplaying a hand like AK or AA he might check/call the river if a diamond comes after you just called the 3 bet on the turn. Just seems like a better way to put in 5 bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

villian might fold here to the cap whereas he'll continue to bet most rivers. in fact, i don't think there are many rivers he checks so you're virtually guaranteed that 4tth bet.

downside is he might have 3bet with a hand that has outs to beat you that might have folded if you 4 bet.

or you might get an extra bet out of a hand that is behind you but has outs and will call.

just somet houghts,
Barron

DpR 10-09-2007 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
villian might fold here to the cap

[/ QUOTE ]

Negative