Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Poker After Dark "Mega Match" - Who Will Win? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=517816)

freekobe 10-07-2007 08:09 PM

Poker After Dark \"Mega Match\" - Who Will Win?

$50,000 entry fee this week - $300,000 to the winner.

Packed lineup. Very entertaining.

For a PREVIEW, please click here

myxomatosized 10-07-2007 08:36 PM

Re: Poker After Dark \"Mega Match\" - Who Will Win?

my friend and i have a small prop bet on poker after dark. we each pick three runners draft style. my team is barry, allen and david. he's got phil, jennifer and eli. should be a great match.

my pick to win is barry

(i had clonie last week. booya.)

private joker 10-07-2007 08:43 PM

Cunningham's style fits this format pretty well, and he had that awesome HU duel vs. Juanda in the first season of PAD. I like his chances a lot. Ivey will either win or bust out first; he'll play his normal high variance style... if he decides to come out swinging, he might run into a big hand and busto.

From watching Barry in previous 6-handed SNGs (like the WPT fathers & sons, and his PAD), he loves to gamble early, so he may suffer the same fate as Ivey -- go out fast or build a big chip stack.

Eli and David will play loose and probably bleed some chips; not really the right players for this format -- they should stick to cash games.

Jennifer's won one before, and she's tight enough to win it all, but it's really really hard to outplay Cunningham and Ivey, so she'll have to run well.

Persistence 10-07-2007 09:00 PM

You're not kidding, that's a nice lineup. I like how each player put up more money too, that's awesome. Seems like some players have just been flying through these with reckless disregard for the 20k required. Raise the buyin, and there will be more reason to play, and watch, it's good for us all.

As for my pick I just don't know. I like David for whatever reason, but wouldn't be betting on him. Cunningham or Ivey would be my guess.

post1958 10-07-2007 09:23 PM

think for 50k Phil will actually look interested? nah.

JokersAttack 10-07-2007 09:35 PM

make it 500k and he might.

plzleenowhammy 10-07-2007 09:56 PM

i hope they don't get all quiet and serious.. that's pretty boring to watch. i'd rather they talk and tell degen stories.

john voight 10-07-2007 10:04 PM

allan.
close seoconds are harman and degenyamine.

eli would be 4th choice

phil and green have better things to do.

yeotaJMU 10-07-2007 10:04 PM

i choose harman cuz she tries

Jooka 10-07-2007 10:07 PM

gonna give a nod to Barry.