Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Theory (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   what to look for when someone 4bets your KKs? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=517542)

iponnet 10-07-2007 01:05 PM

what to look for when someone 4bets your KKs?

ok now I dont know if this is the right forum but here it goes, as I am sure we all have problems with this... you get KKs you 3bet in LP the original raiser 4bets now to which one of these villans you should fold more often:

1. 19/13/3
2. 13/10/7

lets say you image is Tagish and you've been 3beting AK/AA/KK/QQ and once in a while 89s....

I personally think I should fold to villan number 1 more often, because his pfr/vpip numbers suggest he is loose preflop but fairly tight postflop where as villan number 2 seems to play more tight pre flop but very aggressive post flop, now I guess technically they are 4betting you preflop but most of the time if you call you are pot commited so in reality they are playing you postflop...(hope I am making scence here)

so overall I think villan number 2 is more likely to play QQs/AK like this than villan number 1 because of what their numbers suggest of the way they think of the game!

what you guys think about this

jstill 10-07-2007 01:22 PM

Re: what to look for when someone 4bets your KKs?

u shouldnt fold to either if u have less than like 200 bbs probably more

springsteen87 10-07-2007 02:28 PM

i apologize for the interlude but what do those numbers mean, i assume they're stats of some sort but i'm unfamiliar with them. Is there a bigger topic that explains them?

basementproject 10-07-2007 08:14 PM

What do the numbers xx/yy/zz mean?

drzen 10-08-2007 01:27 AM

Number two is a raisefoldbot. I'd much rather be against him.

Iwineverypot 10-08-2007 02:26 AM

Im not too sure what you're getting at here, but it seems to be way off...

Gonso 10-08-2007 02:32 AM

A lot of people seem to be looking to fold KK lately, there was just another thread on this. Short answer, you'd better be REAL, REAL sure. The smaller the stacks and the more money that's in the pot, the more you should lean toward calling.

It's typically very hard to let go of AA, but from time to time you can run across a player bad enough put him on aces. Not very many though.

iponnet 10-08-2007 05:14 AM

well if you got a small stack than its a no brainer, also yeah folding KKs 'everytime' you get 4betted is pretty awful but at the same time going all in everytime you get someone 4beting you is -ev with a fullstack IMHO...

I think 1/25 times you have KKs in a FR game you will be up vs AAs thats once every 5525 hands, and I think I get 4betted big with KKs just a little over that ratio

what I am trying to figure out is 'IF' you are gona fold them to someone which one of these villans would be the better candidate!

Miffed 10-08-2007 08:43 AM

folding KK preflop for <150bbs is retarded.

Pokerfarian 10-08-2007 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what to look for when someone 4bets your KKs?

[/ QUOTE ]
The Allin Button