Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   25NL - button reraise when I've got AKs (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=517519)

KurtSF 10-07-2007 12:14 PM

25NL - button reraise when I\'ve got AKs

Tryint to tune up my game and I'm running into the usual problems.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $26.60
UTG: $33.50
UTG+1: $26.40
Hero (UTG+2): $50.60
MP1: $40.95
MP2: $4.65
CO: $4.40
BTN: $37.60
SB: $24.15

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG+2)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $1, <font color="red">BTN raises to $4</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12</font>

No stats on villain but he's seemed very aggressive at the table so far. I thought he might be trying to squeeze me since he has position and there's a shortstack between us. Should I have called or folded here instead? Was this FPS?

CO calls $3.40 and is All-In, BTN calls $8

Flop: ($28.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
<font color="red">Hero bets $38.60 and is All-In</font>

As played, its go time on this flop, right?

RoyalFarmer 10-07-2007 01:01 PM

Re: 25NL - button reraise when I\'ve got AKs

Squeeze Play at NL25? Unless you know he's capable of that move, don't expect it.

I don't like your 4bet Preflop, but it's not a big mistake either. You simply almost commit yourself to the pot and you have to call a push from the button. If you like to do so, the play is fine.

Postflop I think only a better Hand will call your bet. JJ is an easy fold for Villain, as well as KK. AK calls and splits the pot, AQ is unlikely but still a possibility.

I guess he holds QQ and wins the pot.

Maybe a preflop-push is best play.

WCGRider 10-07-2007 01:25 PM

I like this line, nh : D.

thehempy 10-07-2007 03:35 PM

Make it more like 16 preflop. Then he only has 21 left on the flop into a pot of more 37 rather than 29 and a jam on this flop isnt debatable.

As it is, I dont like the spot as most of the range of a decent villain in this spot have you crushed or do not call the allin (AJs maybe the only exception) but I think you probably still have to jam here and pray your good.

VegasRunner 10-07-2007 03:41 PM

If he's really that aggressive, I like a check raise all in on the flop to steal his inevitible c-bet. If he checks behind you, shove any turn.

You hit your ace after you shortened the stacks. It's gotta go all in.

WantToLearn 10-07-2007 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's really that aggressive, I like a check raise all in on the flop to steal his inevitible c-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]