Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Legislation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Does the IRS have access to my epassporte atm transactions? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=517095)

sethseth 10-06-2007 06:09 PM

Does the IRS have access to my epassporte atm transactions?

just curious [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I am clueless as to the scope of federal authority reguarding tracking financial transactions.

FatalError 10-06-2007 06:58 PM

Re: Does the IRS have access to my epassporte atm transactions?

they will when they threaten to charge the whole company with a variety of federal crimes unless they turn over records

DeadMoneyDad 10-06-2007 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just curious [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I am clueless as to the scope of federal authority reguarding tracking financial transactions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you give them a reason to aduit you they will be able to see all they need to know from you. Unless you are moving serious money around I doubt they would pick you out of the crowd.

I guess the NSA knows somewhere but I doubt they care.

D$D

catlover 10-06-2007 08:35 PM

Pay your taxes. That is all.

Coy_Roy 10-06-2007 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they will when they threaten to charge the whole company with a variety of federal crimes unless they turn over records

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't foresee that happening.

daedalus 10-06-2007 09:00 PM

Any time money gets electronically transferred from another country into the U.S. or vice versa then 'yes' the U.S. gov't can see that. And they don't need an IRS audit to do this. Pay your taxes or start building your own roads.

Robin Foolz 10-06-2007 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they can see it if epass is reporting directly to the irs (say with information requests) or if the irs is specifically targeting you (say they ask epass for your records). either way, it involves epass cooperation. and to my knowledge epass has no relationship whatsoever with the irs atm. they are hq outside the usa in the netherlands antilles and outside of us jurisdiction.

DeadMoneyDad 10-06-2007 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any time money gets electronically transferred from another country into the U.S. or vice versa then 'yes' the U.S. gov't can see that. And they don't need an IRS audit to do this. Pay your taxes (on session by session acccounting) or start practicing making license plates..

[/ QUOTE ]

D$D

Ganjasaurus Rex 10-07-2007 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any time money gets electronically transferred from another country into the U.S. or vice versa then 'yes' the U.S. gov't can see that. And they don't need an IRS audit to do this. Pay your taxes or start building your own bombs to drop on iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

MiltonFriedman 10-07-2007 12:17 AM

Is your card VISA or Mastercard logo\'d ?

If you have a VISA logo'd or MasterCard logo'd card, then the Feds have access to your records, from VISA or MasterCard.