Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   AA flop play....observed hand. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=516981)

KitCloudkicker 10-06-2007 02:55 PM

AA flop play....observed hand.

posted by request. 20/40 full.

2+2er opens UTG with red aces, fairly aggressive player in MP3 3 bets (range AJ+, 99+), BB (quite loose, plays ABC postflop) calls 2 cold, 2+2 caps, 2 callers.

Flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

SB leads. our plan? will post future action if requested.

mongidig 10-06-2007 03:12 PM

Re: AA flop play....observed hand.

Well, the SB is an idiot for betting out with no cards. Just kidding, I am sure you meant BB. I would go ahead and raise here. If MP3 player cold calls or reraises, I would put him on an over pair and probably not a heart draw since you have Ah. If SB reraises, I would probably try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible. If MP3 reraised, and SB just called, I would cap the flop. After showing aggression on the flop if the SB still bet into you or check-raised you and a scary non Heart hits the turn like a 4 I would probably fold, but I would have to depend on my reads at the time to know for sure.

drbk2 10-06-2007 03:44 PM

I would put in as much action as possible until a straight card comes out.

brick 10-06-2007 05:01 PM

Raise flop.
At least consider check-raising a blank turn if LP calls and you think he has a big pair that he will try to protect it. This is a very risky play so you need to be very certian that LP will bet.

It's hard to be this certian which is why leading a safe turn is standard. But if LP will likely just call if you bet, then BB will still only be faced with 1 bet.

SNOWBALL 10-06-2007 05:57 PM

u mean BB leads. This is a 3 handed pot right?
I like calling the flop. I have very little interest in knocking out the PF 3 bettor, because he often has less than 1 out against us.
Also, calling disguises our hand, which can allow us a lot of options on later streets. For example, if we flatcall, and MP raises, and BB calls, we can CR both players on a nice turn. If it gets capped back to us after we flatcall, we can play more defensively on the big streets, and possibly find a fold somewhere depending on reads, action, and what cards come off.

SNOWBALL 10-06-2007 06:00 PM

getting it HU with the BB is the last thing I want. He either has a draw or a monster. NO THANKS.

brick 10-06-2007 06:32 PM

Snowball has this one right. I change my answer to just call the flop.

gaming_mouse 10-06-2007 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
u mean BB leads. This is a 3 handed pot right?
I like calling the flop. I have very little interest in knocking out the PF 3 bettor, because he often has less than 1 out against us.
Also, calling disguises our hand, which can allow us a lot of options on later streets. For example, if we flatcall, and MP raises, and BB calls, we can CR both players on a nice turn. If it gets capped back to us after we flatcall, we can play more defensively on the big streets, and possibly find a fold somewhere depending on reads, action, and what cards come off.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.