Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Set + gutshot on drawey board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=516597)

Poker monkey 10-05-2007 10:23 PM

Set + gutshot on drawey board

I'm being a shortstacking ratholing bastard here with the express intention of taking more money off Brad Booth (mainly because I don't much like his spivvy facial hair and Cool Million antics). Kind of odd that he'd lead and then check the turn 3-way if he had the straight.

What do you do on the turn with just a psb left - check and allow free cards or shove it in?

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $128
UTG+1: $141
MP1: $200
MP2: $219.40
MP3: $406.60
CO: $355
Button: $394
Brad Booth: $444.50
Hero: $82

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, 2 folds, Brad Booth calls, Hero (poster) checks.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($16, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Brad Booth bets $16</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($64, 3 players)
Brad Booth checks, Hero...

Ribbo 10-05-2007 10:26 PM

Re: Set + gutshot on drawey board

Sorry, I don't give advice to shortstackers.

Poker monkey 10-05-2007 10:34 PM

Interesting

getitfixed 10-05-2007 11:31 PM

Obv. you need more animated poker chips in front of you for this hand to matter.

sqwisssssss 10-06-2007 01:04 AM

my god man......buy in full

as played........my god man........push that flop

Poker monkey 10-06-2007 01:51 AM

I'm not buying in full because 2/4 is above what my bankroll can withstand and as I said I'm only here to annoy the guy to my right... as such it's not a regular hand.

FWIW I'm fairly sure pushing the flop on this board is not a good idea, but I'm open to ideas if anyone else thinks it would be.

sqwisssssss 10-06-2007 02:08 AM

poker monkey, i know i'm not somebody else to confirm pushing that flop but i do know this, if someone else pushes that flop, you will definately call off. right?

so why not come over the top and protect your hand? you are short. i dont see what your waiting for.

if any of the respected names in here disagree with me, i'll personally ban my own account here.

your hand is wayyyyyy more than likely ahead in this spot because you hold a 9 in your hand.

thank your lucky stars, brad booth, the guy to your right that you are trying to annoy protected your hand. you should thank him.