Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Grouch's Marathon (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=516305)

grouchie 10-05-2007 01:58 PM

Grouch\'s Marathon

I'm sure this is more a BBV thread or whatever, but really the only place I post is in the Full Ring forum.

A little after 11 am here (when the food is done cooking) I am going to attempt to put in a long ass session.

The ultimate goal is 24 hours and to be positive, however I realize that better people than me have tried and failed but oh well.

I've wanted to do one of these for nearly 2 years now, and today seems like a good time.

Up front, I know I will fail, I will not make it to 24 hours.

No set number of tables, no set level.
I will be starting at NL50 and be playing 12 tables on Stars and a few on Full Tilt as well.

I have a stop loss of 800 bucks on stars or busting my full tilt account, which ever comes first.

I'd appreciate if everyone flames me in this epic failure of a thread [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If my ass is dragging too much by like 8 pm tonight (9 hours) I will quit, take a grand up to Treasure Island, and play until the tables break (5 am or so). then Come back and post results on the diversion.

Mr_Donktastic 10-05-2007 02:00 PM

Re: Grouch\'s Marathon

I don't understand why people try these things but GOOD LUCK!

Landlord79 10-05-2007 02:04 PM

Isn't poker about exploiting edges? Why give up your edge for an ego trip? I was excited when Renton tried it, but seeing him falter has convinced me that these things are just spew and really -EV.

twoblacknines 10-05-2007 02:06 PM

Are you taking breaks...I think these would go more smoothly if the person took a few 20-30 min breaks.

GL/

Landlord79 10-05-2007 02:07 PM

Oh, GL!

GrandMelon 10-05-2007 02:07 PM

i cant even play for 3 hours straight I couldnt even imagine 24. gl though

Patchy 10-05-2007 02:08 PM

what about eating breaks and going to the toilet...what are the rules on that...GL anywayz!!

CazicT 10-05-2007 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what about eating breaks and going to the toilet...what are the rules on that...GL anywayz!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Call your mom in with a bucket!

Mom with bucket
(Possibly gross)

grouchie 10-05-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't poker about exploiting edges? Why give up your edge for an ego trip? I was excited when Renton tried it, but seeing him falter has convinced me that these things are just spew and really -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive already said I won't make it.

It's a goal, yes, but I won't come close

I just want to get a ton of hands in today and needed an unobtainable goal to motivate myself.

ranka 10-05-2007 02:39 PM

You made some kind of time plan? It means 3 hours, little break etc. If yes, then post your time plan.