Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AKs agaisnt nit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=516185)

Sushiglutton 10-05-2007 10:21 AM

AKs agaisnt nit

Pf capper is very nitty (9.8/2.4/0.0 after 40 hands), the other two LP. Fold the flop? Notice I'm 'closing' the action.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Button folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls $0.50 (All-In).

Mitke 10-05-2007 11:02 AM

Re: AKs agaisnt nit

Folding on the flop in a pot this big would seem folly - but the nit's range is pretty much AA/KK and less often AK(s) and QQ. You're in pretty bad shape against that range. Yet, with your backdoor draws to help I think you can peel the flop.

Bulletproof Monk 10-05-2007 11:05 AM

what the [censored]....

like a thousand to one and a billion outs why would you ever ever fold. are you guys just posting hands like this to tilt me or is it because you want new players to play bad so there are less sharks?

HouseCalls 10-05-2007 12:20 PM

I stoved this giving him a capping range of 1.4% (half his PFR). That puts him on QQ,KK,or AA.

On this flop your equity is 10% so you are 9 to 1 getting more than 20 to 1 to call.

Peel and see what happens.

Aaron W. 10-05-2007 12:39 PM

Definitely peel one off with the BDFD. Call down if you hit an A or K.

Point Blank 10-05-2007 01:57 PM

40 hands isn't enough for me to consider someone a hit (last night I was given over 100 hands, and didn't get a hand with an Ace, two faces, suited, or paired)
unless you saw him not raise or 3bet AK then we can only consider this guy to have some type of pre flop selection)

if the guy is a real nit (by read) then 3betting AK isn't automatic (these other guy have to be real bad)

after he caps (against is a nit) it's
AA, KK, QQ, AKs ... and wouldn't think he bets AK without a flush draw on the flop

so on the flop ... I think there is a very small chance it's AK [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s or AK [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s
AA, KK, QQ
and we have BDF getting 22:1 ... adding in a small win%chance for an Ace hit and BDS
=easy call
***but it should be noted that you created the situation to call with weak draws

now - info that should have been included: UTG1 has like 0$ ... I think this makes calling preflop better than raising as most of the value we have by raising is against these other guys (and UTG1 wont be giving us many bets)

not 3betting AK preflop isn't the cool thing on the board - but there are spot where 3betting isn't great

Aaron W. 10-05-2007 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if the guy is a real nit (by read) then 3betting AK isn't automatic (these other guy have to be real bad)

[/ QUOTE ]

3-betting AKs in a 6-handed pot is good.

And for comparison: Link

AKs &gt; KQs
5 villains &gt; 4 villains
Putting in an 3-bet against UTG+2 9.8/2.4/0.0 after 40 hands &gt; Putting in a call-cap against BB: 22/15/4 after 178 hands

bravos1 10-05-2007 02:25 PM

3bet PF is standard unless you know for a FACT that he only raises AA/KK and then SHOWS them to you before you act.

and 40 hands is in no way an acurate read.

Xylocain 10-05-2007 03:50 PM

:g:
Call flop fold turn UI. 40 hands isnt nearly enough to narrow a tight raising range. (but it would be enough to identify a mainiac raising 90% of his hands [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

Landonfan 10-05-2007 04:27 PM

22:1 is good for backdoor fd/gutter. You'll be getting odds to call one on the turn if you pick up anything at all, so there's a good chance you'll get to see two more cards.