Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   NLCASH .5/1 - Strange river shove from possibly angry villain (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515787)

xSCWx 10-04-2007 06:37 PM

NLCASH .5/1 - Strange river shove from possibly angry villain

My second hand against this guy. After the first one he showed and said "well played." I'm not sure if he was serious or not.

--

PokerStars Game #12437894975: Hold'em No Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2007/10/04 - 18:17:47 (ET)
Table 'Panthoos' 2-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: AssoNero ($100 in chips)
Seat 2: xSCWx ($175.55 in chips)

xSCWx: posts small blind $0.50
AssoNero: posts big blind $1

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to xSCWx [K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
xSCWx: raises $2 to $3
AssoNero: calls $2

*** FLOP *** [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
AssoNero: checks
xSCWx: bets $3
AssoNero: calls $3

*** TURN *** [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
xSCWx: checks

*** RIVER *** [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
xSCWx: bets $10
AssoNero: calls $10
*** SHOW DOWN ***
xSCWx: shows [K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] (two pair, Kings and Sevens)
AssoNero: shows [9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] (a pair of Kings)

--

PokerStars Game #12437902908: Hold'em No Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2007/10/04 - 18:18:15 (ET)
Table 'Panthoos' 2-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: AssoNero ($84 in chips)
Seat 2: xSCWx ($191.05 in chips)

AssoNero: posts small blind $0.50
xSCWx: posts big blind $1

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to xSCWx [T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
AssoNero said, "well played"
AssoNero: raises $2 to $3
xSCWx: calls $2

*** FLOP *** [9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
AssoNero: bets $3
xSCWx: raises $6 to $9
AssoNero: calls $6

*** TURN *** [9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
AssoNero: bets $12
xSCWx: calls $12

*** RIVER *** [9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
AssoNero: bets $60 and is all-in
xSCWx: calls $60

Turn bet doesn't match up with 9, river doesn't match up with ace. Looks like either JT or air here. Yay or nay?

daveT 10-04-2007 07:38 PM

Re: NLCASH .5/1 - Strange river shove from possibly angry villain

I hate to let him get away with this one. Your right that the bets don't line up, but I don't understand why he smooth calls you cr unless he is either floating or calling with something that he wants to show down. I definitely doubt he has a nine, and I doubt he called a flop cr on a draw. You may be ahead, but I wouldn't call here, since from the first hand, it doesn't appear that he is pressing without an obvious edge.

He could have a FH here as well. Over-all, I think you are behind his range.

jay_shark 10-04-2007 09:12 PM

I probably lead out on the turn for the second hand . If you're trailing , then you will probably get an idea by his actions .

As was played , I don't like calling the river . He may even have something like k-j which is a possibility or even k-q , not to mention a straight .

I have a funny feeling you won this hand .

People_Mover 10-05-2007 09:14 AM

i probably dump it on the turn and wait for a better spot. I dunno.

BarryLyndon 10-05-2007 10:25 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...very interesting indeed.

First instinct was to say "fold," but this betting pattern is weird. Feels like he was trying to buy the flush and missed. Then he overbets...blech. Yeah, go for it, call. You're getting odds.

Barry

mayday4379 10-05-2007 11:29 AM

I think the turn bet is "haha, i got you. here's a weak bet for you to raise again." Then river is "[censored], missed some value on the turn, lets push."

I'm curious on villain's hand

BarryLyndon 10-05-2007 01:12 PM

This is one of the oddest lines, I swear. I don't know what he calls an RR with an then leads the turn and then leads the river for a push. I'm really curious too, I think you need to post what villain had. I'm also leaning toward a turn fold unless I have decided to call a non heart river. And I don't know if he has a flush draw here because many flush draws here repush.

PS: a woefully misplayed 109 can play this the same way.

Barry

xSCWx 10-05-2007 06:01 PM

I was pretty confident he would show up with 2 low hearts here as played. He ended up showing J6o.

I guess he really was angry.