Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   KKxx bluff (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515772)

crashwhips 10-04-2007 06:16 PM

KKxx bluff

Second reraiser has AAxx for sure, and he's capable of laying it down on the flop with this much money behind. Should I just pitch this preflop given that my KK is relatively uncoordinated? Is this a good spot to bluff postflop and if so was my bet-sizing good?

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($53.45)
UTG ($222.05)
MP ($67.40)
CO ($45.55)
Hero ($142.30)
SB ($120.40)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, SB calls $3, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $6</font>, Hero calls $2.50, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $24.5</font>, BB calls $18, Hero calls $18.

Flop: ($72.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $69</font>,

Ribbo 10-04-2007 06:29 PM

Re: KKxx bluff

It clearly doesn't matter what you have in your hand. The question you are asking is "Will AA fold to a pot bet on this flop?"
The answer is probably yes, unless the guy has 57 in hand also or something similar.

sqwisssssss 10-04-2007 08:13 PM

well, we know what you probably dont have:)

i think its the right play. its your only decent chance of taking down the pot.

lol, if sb or bb calls, now what?

its going to be a battle of the brave or most stubborn.

that would be pretty funny if sb smooth called with top set and nut straight with a back door diamond draw, bb folds, turn is a spade, check check, river ace of spade, sb bets out now because he's an idiot.......and you know the rest:)

wazz 10-04-2007 08:14 PM

Purely because of the preflop action, I don't like it so much. It looks like you have what you have, and this flop really isn't such a dangerous flop for someone that's raised pre. You might well be ahead of the shortstack but I think you'll find yourself checkraised all-in on this flop by aces too often. This move is fine sometimes but the board needs to be more representable and you ought to at least have outs.

sqwisssssss 10-05-2007 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Purely because of the preflop action, I don't like it so much. It looks like you have what you have, and this flop really isn't such a dangerous flop for someone that's raised pre. You might well be ahead of the shortstack but I think you'll find yourself checkraised all-in on this flop by aces too often. This move is fine sometimes but the board needs to be more representable and you ought to at least have outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

idk, ive seen alot of pre flop 3 bettors chicken out on these kind of flops too.......even if they are short.

Elrazor 10-05-2007 04:51 AM

reads would be good here (including your own image) - if you have been active i would definatly be checking aces to you here so you can hang yourself, if you arnt making these moves every other orbit you might get away with it

roggles 10-05-2007 06:21 AM

I would not fold AA as SB here