Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AJs OOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515656)

abysss92 10-04-2007 03:30 PM

AJs OOP

Vilain is LAG, playing 30/23/3. No history between us. It is the first time I 3bet from blinds so he should respect my game.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $261.85
UTG: $131.55
MP: $69.20
CO: $124.50
BTN: $155.90
SB: $89.50

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3.50</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12</font>, BTN calls $8.50

Flop: ($24.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $17</font>, BTN calls $17

Turn: ($58.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero ??

Your standart play? I guess c/c turn and river sucks a lot.

Nick Royale 10-04-2007 03:37 PM

Re: AJs OOP

[ QUOTE ]
It is the first time I 3bet from blinds so he should think I'm a nit

[/ QUOTE ]
Which makes this hand harder to stack off with. You're probably behind all Ax combos he'll call preflop (AT+). I check turn. And raise all-in. Even though I don't really like the situatioen. Betting smallish and calling a shove is fine as well imo.

abysss92 10-04-2007 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Which makes this hand harder to stack off with. You're probably behind all Ax combos he'll call preflop (AT+). I check turn. And raise all-in. Even though I don't really like the situatioen. Betting smallish and calling a shove is fine as well imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think I am behind, b/f is not better than crai?

SnglMaltScotch 10-04-2007 03:47 PM

too many draws not to bet again. $40.

It gets ugly if he shoves. If I did my math correct, he has $126 left on the turn but I think you have to call a shove.

I am not sure through.

SMS

badkins6 10-04-2007 03:51 PM

I think I like checking the flop here and then betting the turn, seeing as how he can't have a hand with the Ad. The only FD we are really worried about on the flop is KQd and if he thinks you're a nit then he should't be calling pf ayway. If he calls turn bet, i'd C/f the river seeing as how KK,QQ,and JJ would probably check behind and wouldn't call a bet anyway.

Acevader 10-04-2007 03:52 PM

I sometimes check-call this flop then check the turn. I feel in a 3-bet pot you get a useful amount of info from his turn action. If he bets you can fold without losing much when you are probably behind. If he checks you can evaluate the if the river card is dangerous and perhaps induce a bluff or value bet accordingly. I have no standard line here - this is just one way I sometimes play it when I'd rather not play a massive pot or just auto-give up.

Nick Royale 10-04-2007 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think I am behind, b/f is not better than crai?

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit: Meh, didn't see we're 150bb deep. bet/fold is better imo. I probably call preflop though, playing oop in a 3-bet pot with AJ we don't like vs a seemingly aggro/tricky player. Also, I think c/c on the flop is fine as we can't stck off vs a raise.

modnareno 10-04-2007 04:08 PM

I c/f the turn to big bets. I wouldn't stick in more then $25 trying to show down my hand.