Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Staking arrangement details, advice needed... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515433)

hennnerz 10-04-2007 09:00 AM

Staking arrangement details, advice needed...

yo guys,

I need a bit of help: Hypothetically if I were to stake a guy to play NL$100, he puts up $1250 as do I; giving him a $2500 BR. I then coach him, for 4/5 sessions which would be $300+, so he can beat NL$100 well.

What % of the profit would be fair here for me as the staker and him as the player? Any other things that need to be considered here too?

Nick-Zack 10-04-2007 09:06 AM

Re: Staking arrangement details, advice needed...

[ QUOTE ]
yo guys,

I need a bit of help: Hypothetically if I were to stake a guy to play NL$100, he puts up $1250 as do I; giving him a $2500 BR. I then coach him, for 4/5 sessions which would be $300+, so he can beat NL$100 well.

What % of the profit would be fair here for me as the staker and him as the player? Any other things that need to be considered here too?

[/ QUOTE ]

After 4 or 5 lessons he will beat the game well? What does $300+ mean? It is a pretty strange staking deal if he has to put up half the money. I would just make him play on his money and you give the magic 4 or 5 lessons and charge him for those.

TheEye 10-04-2007 09:11 AM

free coaching...50/50 since he is putting half the br himself until 50% profit then your % has to drop significantly if he will be playing with half his own stack i would say at least 70/30 for him if you are confident enough he can beat the game...i wouldn't take less than that if i was the player...an oppinion

hennnerz 10-04-2007 09:17 AM

Yeah, he is a competent NL50 player; 3/4 hour sessions should be enough.

And thanks TheEye, more opinions and voices of experience like that please?

Henry17 10-04-2007 09:39 AM

He is a competent 50NL player so why does he need your $1250?

My opinion on any staking arrangement is that it shouldn't be done.

I might consider lending him the money at a reasonable rate if there was a reason (such as a recent big ticket item purchase) he was broke.

KEW 10-04-2007 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yo guys,

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not see this as a good idea???

What level do you play at??? I see all your strategy posts are in the micros so why are you so confident that after 3/4 coaching session he will be able to beat $100NL well?? What is the $300+????

If you are both putting up $1,250 it does not make sense...He is so close to being able to play the $100s on is own why does he need a stake???

Depending on what level of play OP is at why would you want to stake him for $1,250??? This does not seem like a good deal/idea for either one of you...

If you wish to stake him in order to move up a level there is no reason to stick to a BR management number unless it is meant to be a "long term" agreement...

Any online stake deal needs to include how to deal with RB + Bonuses and any other incetive that are earned/won/awarded...

Becareful and think it thru completely..These "deals" can easily end friendships...

hennnerz 10-04-2007 12:03 PM

It is all hypothetical here I just want to see potentially what is a good/bad deal for the staker here.

The 300$+ is the effective cost of the coaching that the staker gives to the player, if this matters.

It potentially would be a long term agreement; 300k+. So the player doesn't want to be playing NL50 staked and or NL100 fully staked because this won't make him enough money. Is there a way that the player can be staked and coached for higher levels (NL100) therefore making both him and the staker more money?

Henry17 10-04-2007 12:04 PM

Define effective cost?

hennnerz 10-04-2007 12:07 PM

If the player just was getting the coaching it would be around $300 for 4 x 1 hour sessions.

Henry17 10-04-2007 12:09 PM

So you are valuing your time at $75/hr?