Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   AA facing flop raise from 15/11 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515087)

AZplaya 10-03-2007 08:42 PM

AA facing flop raise from 15/11

Villian is 15/11 over about 260 hands. Type of player you don't even notice is at the table, plays very straight forward. I had trouble with this because obv a set is in his range but I think there are some overpairs in his range as well. Thoughts?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.25/$0.50 Blinds
5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $54.55
BB: $11.40
UTG: $88.40
Hero (CO): $59.35
BTN: $56.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, BTN calls $2.25, 2 folds, UTG calls $1.75

Flop: ($7.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $15.00</font>, Hero???

Ramana 10-03-2007 09:22 PM

Re: AA facing flop raise from 15/11

I call and CRAI any turn to get max value from his overpairs. You're beat sometimes, but he needs to be able to raise you with only one overpair for the 3 sets he could have, for this to be neutral EV.

tannenj 10-03-2007 09:23 PM

fold

Dominic 10-03-2007 09:30 PM

I'm never folding here without a better read or deeper stacks. His raise could certainly be just him taking advantage over what he sees to be a standard c-bet on a garbage board that you probably missed.

If he has a set, oh well, I stack off here.

Whether or not you get it in now or CR the turn is up to you. But on that board I'm more likely to get the money in now since he could be drawing with a hand like 55.

kaz2107 10-03-2007 09:32 PM

i call and then use my position. if he fires again with a reasonable bet on the turn i turbo fold this. he checks i check behind and then call basically every river bet

Hendricks433 10-03-2007 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i call and then use my position. if he fires again with a reasonable bet on the turn i turbo fold this. he checks i check behind and then call basically every river bet

[/ QUOTE ] the button raised which means he has position through out the hand. Id probably push because theres a lot of scare cards on the turn.

kaz2107 10-03-2007 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] the button raised which means he has position through out the hand. Id probably push because theres a lot of scare cards on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]crap i am havin a nightmare postin tonight. guess this will b my last one. lol. that makes me want to fold this. its gonna b tough to play the turn/river well here given that we r oop so i just dump it and move on

n4rf 10-03-2007 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume he would fire another bet on the turn whether he had a set or just an OP... so there's really no need to call if you are 100% going to fold the turn (assuming an Ace doesn't hit).

It sort of does look like a set, which is why the flat call preflop. Not an easy fold, but I would fold it.

BevillTheDevil 10-04-2007 12:06 AM

if we push here we are only gettin called by hands that beat us. Callin puts us in a tough spot on the turn where we are gona check and hope he checks behind and we get to SD cheap, which is obv tough to do b/c we are OOP and a CRAI on the turn would be ugly. Also since its 3 handed and given villians nittyness i think it is ok to narrow his range to mostly sets. Though a few overpairs are in his range IMO he isnt goin to be this aggro w/ them multiway given your action, you said it yourself he is very straight forward. If it was just HU i might call and reval turn but then again your gona be OOP which will obv suck, but then IMO his range is a little wider. But id just fold here and move on. If you get a read that hes nitty pf but then plays crazy post then play accordingly.

wslee00 10-04-2007 12:55 AM

wow - tough spot... i have no idea how villain plays his set, especially in a 3-way pot. Call me weak, but I think I just let it go this time.