Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   NLCASH .5/1 - Two PP Bluff catchers (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514864)

xSCWx 10-03-2007 03:18 PM

NLCASH .5/1 - Two PP Bluff catchers

Villain does not reraise PF often so I have been respecting them for the most part. He seems to be calling mine a little light but none have gotten to show down. He seems to be pretty generic aside from that his PF bets are usually 4x instead of 3x and his flop bets are usually like 1/2 pot.

Hand #1

PokerStars Game #12416525140: Hold'em No Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2007/10/03 - 14:59:45 (ET)
Table 'Nezarka' 2-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: MiPwnYa ($101 in chips)
Seat 2: xSCWx ($194.15 in chips)

MiPwnYa: posts small blind $0.50
xSCWx: posts big blind $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to xSCWx [Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
MiPwnYa: raises $3 to $4
xSCWx: raises $9 to $13
MiPwnYa: calls $9

*** FLOP *** [8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
xSCWx: checks
MiPwnYa: bets $17
xSCWx: calls $17

*** TURN *** [8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
MiPwnYa: bets $25
xSCWx: calls $25

*** RIVER *** [8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
MiPwnYa: bets $46 and is all-in
xSCWx: folds
MiPwnYa collected $109.50 from pot
MiPwnYa: doesn't show hand
[/b]

I definitely need to start leading out on these flops. At the river I felt that he would have to be retarded to continue with a bluff for a 3rd barrel so I puked and dropped. As played I think I should have folded on the turn but my time bank was running low so I paniced and hit call.

--------------------------------------------

Hand #2

PokerStars Game #12416634403: Hold'em No Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2007/10/03 - 15:05:04 (ET)
Table 'Nezarka' 2-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: MiPwnYa ($143.50 in chips)
Seat 2: xSCWx ($150.35 in chips)

MiPwnYa: posts small blind $0.50
xSCWx: posts big blind $1

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to xSCWx [8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
MiPwnYa: raises $3 to $4
xSCWx: raises $9 to $13
MiPwnYa: calls $9

*** FLOP *** [6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
xSCWx: bets $18
MiPwnYa: calls $18

*** TURN *** [6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
MiPwnYa: bets $29
xSCWx: calls $29

*** RIVER *** [6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
MiPwnYa: bets $83.50 and is all-in
xSCWx: calls $83.50

I figure this shows up as 10 or air almost every time. Easy call?

People_Mover 10-03-2007 04:59 PM

Re: NLCASH .5/1 - Two PP Bluff catchers

Hand 1: def. lead flop and shut down on the turn

Hand 2: I'm playing more like that lately. You'll see busted flush draws a lot. But I don't reraise pre either and maybe this is a leak.

good hands to post

jakeduke 10-03-2007 05:59 PM

I think hand 1 is totally fine. In hand 2, did you have any read that villain would double barrel with air? Anything? I know tons of villains who could have AJ here (seriously), but I do think his range is mostly tens and busted FDs. Although it's also possible he's slowplaying an overpair. I don't mind the play at all though.

creedofhubris 10-03-2007 06:32 PM

I like hand 2 especially after hand 1.

En Passant 10-03-2007 11:47 PM

Hand 2 is fine.

I dont see the point of calling the turn in hand 1 if you fold the river when he pushes. The 9 is a safe card, I just don't see the point.

abcjnich 10-03-2007 11:54 PM

Hand one is terrible. Your hand is equivalent to about K high. Easy turn fold. If you're calling the turn you have to call the river because you know he's going to push.

Hand two is fine, good thinking. Most people don't even have a T here. I'd put his range on mostly QQ+ looking for a hero call or air.

mayday4379 10-04-2007 12:30 AM

I agree with hand 2. Its either a T or a busted draw or Ax. I like the call in 2.

Hand 1 often happens to me. I dont see villain betting an Ace on the turn after the jack pairs and I don't see him betting the flop without an Ace (just having a jack).