Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Pushup Poletarding!!!!! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514854)

Stoneflip 10-03-2007 03:08 PM

Pushup Poletarding!!!!!

Inspired by Karak's great thread I thought of a variation prop bet. I call it the 1 hr. push up challenge. I intend to use it on the soft skinny people who say i eat too much. The challenge is this....Who can do more pushups in an hour(OMG GTFO LDO!!!!) The person being challenged has a choice though. He can choose to go 1st or second. But if you chose to go 2nd you have to do 50 more pushups than if you go first. BBV4l if I challenged you which would you choose...

filsteal 10-03-2007 03:38 PM

Re: Pushup Poletarding!!!!!

Depends on how much is riding on it. If we're going $500+, then obviously I don't care if I overwork myself, and so I go first and I max out with as many as humanly possible. I have to do 50 less, and that's significant.

If it's for, say, $20, then I don't want to go first and accidentally do five times more than I had to.

dknightx 10-03-2007 03:42 PM

the answer is probably second, unless the first guy knows what the second guy is capable of. Most likely what will occur is that the first guy will use an un-optimal strategy that results in his muscles burning out before the hour is up. However, if the first guy paces himself (like 10 a minute or something), all the 2nd guy has to do is do 1 more than that, and he will win. Of course, if the 2nd guy cant even match the first guy, he would have lost anyways.

yeotaJMU 10-03-2007 03:56 PM

50 extra is a lot

Stoneflip 10-03-2007 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the answer is probably second, unless the first guy knows what the second guy is capable of. Most likely what will occur is that the first guy will use an un-optimal strategy that results in his muscles burning out before the hour is up. However, if the first guy paces himself (like 10 a minute or something), all the 2nd guy has to do is do 1 more than that, and he will win. Of course, if the 2nd guy cant even match the first guy, he would have lost anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you consider an optimal strategy?? I was thinking 10 pushups every 2 mins for a total of 300.

yeotaJMU 10-03-2007 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you consider an optimal strategy?? I was thinking 10 pushups every 2 mins for a total of 300.

[/ QUOTE ]

bang out as many as you can to start then pace about 10-20 for 2-3 min

i figure this after watching the karak challenge in person

Stoneflip 10-03-2007 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i figured you might want to start with 50( nullifying the 2nd competitors advantage) then switch to pacing yourself. Plus a burnout at the end if you have anything left in the tank.

filsteal 10-03-2007 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is probably pretty good advice.

Conspire 10-03-2007 04:08 PM

Tops stay droppin
My trunk stay poppin
I turn the speakers up
And the beats stay knockin
Blades stay choppin
The groupies stay boppin
Pull up to the curb
All the ladies they just hop in
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
The northside body rocking