Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL25: Raise, ReRaise and I have QQ...? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514833)

hallo! 10-03-2007 02:55 PM

NL25: Raise, ReRaise and I have QQ...?

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

BB ($29)
UTG ($39.45)
MP ($25.50)
CO ($19.65)
Button ($21.40)
Hero ($25.10)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1.1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $3</font>, Hero calls $2.90, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $1.90.

Flop: ($9.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5, MP folds.

Turn: ($19.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $13.4 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $13.40.

River: ($46.30) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $46.30

Villian is absolutley unknown

I was thinking about raising but I wanted to flatcall, see what the other guy does and reevaluate on the flop

I then decided to C/C the whole way through and hoped it would not go all in but in case I was ready to go for it. I think you see a lot of TT JJ and lower pairs here to make it profitable, but AA/KK is also very likely. I stil think it is +EV

What do you do?

Logun 10-03-2007 03:02 PM

Re: NL25: Raise, ReRaise and I have QQ...?

I'm not sure I see anything less than 99 here from btn.

Small chance he has AK missed and the rest of the time it will be KK/AA

Lostit 10-03-2007 03:21 PM

Without numbers on the villain, this could be anything. As played, I don't hate it. I can't see folding it either at that level. If he has you beat, so be it, tip your hat and move on. Remember that you showed weakness and uncertainty the whole way also. He could simply be betting that you don't have a 4 or 8 in your hand and that you're floating two face cards.

Nick C 10-03-2007 03:33 PM

It's not until the turn push that you're really looking beat to me, and by that point I think you're committed with an overpair as good as QQ.

willyc 10-03-2007 03:37 PM

If you're hoping not to go all in after this flop it sounds you were playing your queens for set value only.

This is the perfect flop for your hand and you are losing only to AA/KK or 88 after the turn or 4x (which you can probably neglect).

If you raise the flop I think you're committed to calling a shove, but he will fold a bluff. I like the call not because you get to reevaluate the turn (you're too committed for that), but because it shows weakness and allows him to keep bluffing with a missed hand.

And I've actually seen some villains who have a total blind spot for full houses here and will go broke thinking their AK is good. I know that because I've asked them why they got all their chips in and they said because they thought I didn't have quads.

The only advantage to shoving would be to prevent him from drawing to an Ace or a King, but since he probably won't catch one on the turn I think it's better to let him bluff off his chips.

If you really want to give him credit for AA/KK then fold preflop. If you call you should be prepared to get your chips in on any non-Ace/King flop. Trying to see a cheap showdown is not a good plan because whenever that happens it means you're not getting full value out of his 99-JJ if he's not bluffing (in which case he will fold to almost any bet before showdown) to make up for the times you lose to AA/KK.

Jouster777 10-03-2007 03:45 PM

You are committed with the flop call...and should be pretty happy about it.

Just push the flop.

soded 10-03-2007 03:58 PM

Villain doesn't have to have AA/KK, but could be trying to isolate MP with position.
I'm not crazy about the preflop call if your read is AA/KK, the rest is played fine.

suitsme 10-03-2007 04:18 PM

I was wondering, with no reads or stats what do you do with QQ on the button facing a raise (4BB) from MP and reraise from the CO (14BB)? Assuming 100BB effective stacks.

Lostit 10-03-2007 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering, with no reads or stats what do you do with QQ on the button facing a raise (4BB) from MP and reraise from the CO (14BB)? Assuming 100BB effective stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough question, but as played, in the BB, I raise to 50BB and fold to a shove. Calling leaves you OOP for the remainder of the hand, in which case, you're 1.6-1 to see an Ace or King on the flop which would almost force a fold. If you see no Ace or King on the flop, you still fear the pocket AA or KK here, so you're still stuck with nothing. Gotta figure out where you are before your only alternative is to take a guess at the expense of your whole stack.

Also, if you read poker books much, Phil Gordon says that "The 4th raise is always Aces". You'd be the fourth raise, so you'd be forcing the 5th raise. If calls, or raises, you have no doubt what he has, and you at least save half your stack.

foal 10-03-2007 04:59 PM

I like pre-flop, but I would suggest you raise all in on the flop since you're committed and it's the almost the best possible flop for you w/out hitting a set.