Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   2 hands (live 1/2/5) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514524)

Aisthesis 10-03-2007 04:18 AM

2 hands (live 1/2/5)

Hand 1:

I have AhAd8d2h OTB with $850 or so and raise to $30. 5 callers. Flop 8hTdJh. Player to my right (he has me covered) bets $160.

I laid this down but was very uncertain after the hand. I think I probably get very little in implied odds on my immediate flush, and I'm not sure this guy is the type to lay down a straight to a bigger straight, so I think it would be pretty risky bluffing a 9, Q or K. But... those cards might slow him down. If I spike an A, I'd be willing to push it. And I do get serious implied odds on a diamond (and if that happens to be 9, Q or K, I'd bet it). Anyhow, there are 18 "good cards" in the deck for me (8 for each non-pairing flush and 2 additional aces), and a paired board might also slow him down.

Hand 2:

I have $530 or so and raise KhQhTc8c to $25 OTB. 5 callers. Flop comes 7c3c2c. Checked to me, I pot it for $150. All but player to my right (same guy) fold. Hmmmm...

Turn 9c. Check. My play?

Elrazor 10-03-2007 05:27 AM

Re: 2 hands (live 1/2/5)

hand 1 i definatly like to peel a card off, any heart or diamond is a great card for you, plus any ace. of course if the turn is a brick you might have to give up but like you say if a diamond falls you have really good implied odds

hand 2 i check behind here - if hes slowplaying the ace you have 2 cards to bust him, so really dont want raising off your hand here if you bet. this feels like maybe a J-Q flush or possibly a set with there being so many clubs out. i think if the board pairs and he bets i probably lay down, but call a small value bet if it dosent

alavet 10-03-2007 12:24 PM

h1 i def call flop. you have a lot of value

h2 check and probably call river
you wouldnt get value for any bet here

greywolf 10-03-2007 12:49 PM

why are you betting the flop in hand two and what is your plan for the hand ?

hand 1 plays itself. Call flop and bet/call the turn if it improves your hand(probably fold it it pairs and he pots it). bluff turn if its a 9QK against alot of players.

SuperSnort 10-03-2007 01:07 PM

hand 2 any reads on player? is this the game where the preflop raise nearly always means aces? if so he may just put you on bare aces, but i would check hand 2 and fold hand 1

Aisthesis 10-03-2007 05:34 PM

Raising doesn't by any means nearly always mean aces, and I've been raising enough that it's also clear for me. I've probably been raising well over 10%. I rather think more than half the hands I've played at all have been brought in for a raise. Basically, I don't play many hands relatively speaking, but most of those for a raise.

I really think a simple check is just too weak on the KQT8 hand. I went ahead and bet the turn, and he insta-called with nut flush. I kind of like elrazor's line of basically assuming I'm beat once I get called. I was also thinking I might have some fold equity vs. bigger non-nut flush, but oh, well. While a bit risky, he definitely succeeded in maximizing value on his nut flush. It's pretty unlikely I have a set here, although I do pick up my 2 outer to str8 flush on the turn.

Ribbo 10-03-2007 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising doesn't by any means nearly always mean aces, and I've been raising enough that it's also clear for me. I've probably been raising well over 10%.

[/ QUOTE ]

A whole ten percent???
You Sir, are a maniac.

Aisthesis 10-04-2007 02:43 AM

lol, I'm tryin' to get it up there!

Perestroika 10-04-2007 03:02 AM

Aisthesis a question for hand 1. Does he ever bet there without a straight/set?

Perestroika 10-04-2007 03:17 AM

Also I am having trouble putting villain on a solid range besides set/straight because I have no idea what preflop raising standards are like. Do they call with huge ranges or are they pretty standard 4 connected, high pair type players? I guess live there is less raising but is he likely to raise a nice connected hand? The reason I'm asking these questions is because the more likely he is to play weaker holdings the more likely he has two pair/low straight type hands but of course you know this better than me, I am just figuring out your equity here vs. various ranges and I do not see what the [censored] is going on.