Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Short stacked, running bad, and no good at poker ($10NL) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514208)

BatsShadow 10-02-2007 07:50 PM

Short stacked, running bad, and no good at poker ($10NL)

Previously, this villain called my pfr and bluff raised a 664 flop then showed.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($10.45)
BB ($9.85)
UTG ($23.95)
Hero ($6.65)
CO ($4.10)
Button ($5.25)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $2.9</font>

mookboi 10-02-2007 08:08 PM

Re: Short stacked, running bad, and no good at poker ($10NL)

Why are you shortstacked? Since we are shortstacked, I push here. If you are playing AT as a shortstack, and you hit a T, I think all the money should go in. Given history, and board texture, he could be raising a large variety of draws here. Depends on how much you like varience, really. With a full stack, I'd probably fold. 60BB, I shove.

kerk 10-02-2007 11:09 PM

buy in full. 4 bet all in on flop. you are almost always ahead here.

relativity_x 10-02-2007 11:15 PM

I'm not too thrilled about your hand on the flop.

I would check behind on the flop and try to get the money in better on a safe turn. If another heart/straight card comes, I'd be tempted to toss this.

Nick C 10-03-2007 03:27 AM

Do you know Villain bluff-raised and then shoved because he showed it off after the hand? I ask because it's weird how micro players show off their bluffs and then just keep right on bluffing in later hands. It seems counter-productive, but I guess they're so proud of stealing the pot that they can't help themselves.

Anyway, I think I push the flop here. Calling and trapping seems like a consideration, but your hand is super-vulnerable here, and while some draws aren't in bad shape against you at all, I think I'd just go ahead and get the money in now.

If you were playing deeper, this would be a really uncomfortable spot and I'd probably call with the plan of reevaluating on the turn.