Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Rivered two pair - call PSB? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513885)

KCrow 10-02-2007 12:21 PM

Rivered two pair - call PSB?

Villain is 30/12/3.8

Can I call this and should I have raised the turn, the bet was so weak looking. I'm not feeling so happy about this big river bet.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $63.10
Hero (BB): $111.00
UTG: $49.25
CO: $49.90
BTN: $101.95

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
3 folds, SB calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, SB calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($6.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3.00</font>, Hero calls $3.00

River: ($12.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $12.50</font>, Hero?

whyzze 10-02-2007 12:23 PM

Re: Rivered two pair - call PSB?

I would raise the turn.

As played, call.

Nick C 10-02-2007 12:27 PM

A turn raise would basically be a bluff (edit: er, in the sense that only better hands and maybe flush draws will call -- I guess I need to go to bed), and I don't think it's one I would make under these circumstances (where you're getting bet into, twice, with an ace on the board as the PFR).

When Villain bets bigger on the river, his hand looks a lot like AJ, a flopped monster that he really wants some value from since you don't seem to be going anywhere, the same QJ you have, or KT for a gutshot he's been pushing that got there.

But, crap, I probably call in this blind battle and hope it's just A7 or busted spades or something and he's getting frustrated by your calls. That said, I'm not optimistic, and I figure I'll probably be annoyed after showdown that my hand improved on the river.

Milky 10-02-2007 12:30 PM

I'd personally raise his weak flop bet and go from there. If he calls I shut down. As played I'd call but I wouldn't be happy, but he could very well have been on the flush draw and is trying to pick up the pot now.

DonManuel 10-02-2007 12:34 PM

I think the hand is played fine. I'm calling the river

Jappejynx 10-02-2007 12:39 PM

I raise his donkbet on the flop, don't know if that makes sense.

As played, call

Kasane 10-02-2007 12:47 PM

raise that flop bet. In a BvB situation it's less likely he holds an A and more likely he's donking some sort of flush draw, Qx or something else seeing if you have the A. He'll call, with odds or w/o -- they usually do. Bet the turn and re-eval river. I think that's the line that gets the most value from stuff we're beating and loses the least to hands we're losing to.

With this line, I'd actually be betting the river having improved to 2pr. I'm assuming that the pattern goes b/r/c; chk/b/c; and chk to hero. If he reraises or c/r anywhere, I think we're gone.

.xxxx. 10-02-2007 01:24 PM

easy call, also I'd plan to shove a spade river