Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Betfair and Paypal (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513600)

chumofchance 10-02-2007 12:40 AM

Betfair and Paypal

Hey everyone, quick question. I'm a US resident but have access to non-US ip addresses (findnot.com, vpn, etc.). Using a non-US ip address lets me use the Betfair client (which won't work for me otherwise). I'm wondering if the following will let me play there...

I have some relatives living in the UK. If I use their address while making a Betfair account, and then create a paypal account with the same address, can I get away with having the paypal account linked to my normal US bank account?

Thoughts? Thanks, Alan

Annorax 10-02-2007 01:42 AM

Re: Betfair and Paypal

[ QUOTE ]
Hey everyone, quick question. I'm a US resident but have access to non-US ip addresses (findnot.com, vpn, etc.). Using a non-US ip address lets me use the Betfair client (which won't work for me otherwise). I'm wondering if the following will let me play there...

I have some relatives living in the UK. If I use their address while making a Betfair account, and then create a paypal account with the same address, can I get away with having the paypal account linked to my normal US bank account?

Thoughts? Thanks, Alan

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd tell you exactly what's wrong with your post, but it's just easier to call you stupid.

chumofchance 10-02-2007 02:32 AM

Well sweet, thanks, but all the same, could you go ahead and be more explicit? I'm actually quite bright, I just know nothing about online banking. Hence the question.

WhoIam 10-02-2007 03:05 AM

Paypal doesn't process gambling transactions.

Olin Prefleup 10-02-2007 03:06 AM

It does in Europe. There is no need to be a dbag, especially if you are not well informed .

chumofchance 10-02-2007 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It does in Europe. There is no need to be a dbag, especially if you are not well informed .

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. Honestly, 2p2 tilts the [censored] out of me sometimes.

And back to the original question, how workable is this plan assuming I have a legit non-US paypal account, albeit one tied to a US bank? If not, I can get access to a non-US bank account, but it'd be annoying.

cardman 10-02-2007 03:19 AM

Don't [censored] around with Betfair if you're in the U.S. They find out you're an American in the U.S. and your account is [censored].

chumofchance 10-02-2007 03:21 AM

Ha, good to know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanks for the replies everyone.

bookish 10-02-2007 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure??
I'm in England and I've always had to use neteller.
I've never seen neteller accepted anywhere* poker-related and I assumed it was a paypal thing. Once ebay bought them they dropped out of the ... ahem .. adult space too. I'm told.

*Possible exception for PokerTracker and similar.

WhoIam 10-02-2007 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Please explain how trying to be helpful equals being a dbag. Thanks.