Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Can a practicing alcoholic make a living playing poker? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513426)

deadfromsuckouts 10-01-2007 07:56 PM

Can a practicing alcoholic make a living playing poker?

Just like "RAVEN" says at the beginning of her show,"Yup, that's me." Without going in to detail about how drinkin has hurt me at the tables, I will pose 2 questions. Do you know of any, or are you a practicing alcoholic, who consistenly wins. Qestion 4=do you know of or are you a recovering alcoholic who is a pro=

keikiwai 10-01-2007 07:58 PM

Re: Can a practicing alcoholic make a living playing poker?

"Qestion 4" lol

short answer: no
long answer: swongs are on thing

JediGrindTricks 10-01-2007 08:01 PM

amazing post loooooool

jessicaalbiel 10-01-2007 08:01 PM

lolololol nice post

thiscardwar 10-01-2007 08:02 PM

apparently there are some people who find alcohol helps their game. but if you have the natural tendancy to get addicted to things then perhaps poker is not for you. addicts generally don't have the mental strength to stop playing when they tilt.

keikiwai 10-01-2007 08:02 PM

=

EmpireMaker2 10-01-2007 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just like "RAVEN" says at the beginning of her show,"Yup, that's me." Without going in to detail about how drinkin has hurt me at the tables, I will pose 2 questions. Do you know of any, or are you a practicing alcoholic, who consistenly wins. Qestion 4=do you know of or are you a recovering alcoholic who is a pro=

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to drink about 5-6 days a week when party poker was happening half the time I was playing I'd be drunk or stoned. It's really hard to be a winning player when you drink alot because your either too hungover to play or you play alot when your drunk.

JediGrindTricks 10-01-2007 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to drink about 5-6 days a week when party poker was happening half the time I was playing I'd be drunk or stoned. It's really hard to be a winning player when you drink alot because your either too hungover to play or you play alot when your drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

pro=

deadfromsuckouts 10-01-2007 08:07 PM

It's just that most of my AA friends=let's just say 99% of humanity, and probably 78% of non-humans think that trying to stay sober and playing poker for a living is a bad idea=But one of my AA friends said that he would enjoy watching me win a final table on tv=HAHA

Hiiiiiiii 10-01-2007 08:09 PM

look into GA as well